Sacha Baron Cohen Will Attend The Oscars
Sacha Baron Cohen will be attending this year's Oscars after he was reportedly asked to refrain from showing up at the ceremony dressed as his latest character. It's now believed that Sacha Baron Cohen will be walking down the red carpet tomorrow night (26 Feb 2012) as Admiral General Aladeen, the main character from his new movie 'The DICtator'.
It was reported earlier this week that he had been banned from the ceremony when organisers had found out that he was planning to dress up as his dictator alter-ego. However show producer Brian Grazer has now insisted that Cohen is welcome to the show. Talking to Extra, Grazer said: 'We're thrilled to have him and he'll be on the red carpet. We absolutely respect him as an artist and he's allowed to come. He's part of the show.' Back in 2007, Cohen had again been banned from appearing at the Oscars as his Borat character but this time, he responded to this threat of a repeat ban by posting a video response online. Dressed as Admiral General Shabazz Aladeen, he said: 'On behalf of the nation of Wadiya, I am outraged at being banned from the Oscars by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Zionists. While I applaud the Academy for taking away my right to free speech, I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12pm on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences.'
The Academy Awards will air live tomorrow night. Sacha Baron Cohen will be seen next as Aladeen in 'The DICtator', scheduled for release 18th May (2012).