Rolling Stones Are Top Earners
Veteran rockers THE ROLLING STONES have been named the top earning music act of 2007.
The band made $88 million (GBP44 million) between June 2006 and June this year (07), largely from their Bigger Bang tour which grossed $437million (GBP218.5 million).
Rapper Jay-Z came second on the list by U.S magazine Forbes, with a total income of $83 million (GBP41.5 million).
Pop superstar Madonna ranked third with total earnings of $72 million (GBP36 million).
The top ten is as follows:
1. The Rolling Stones - $88 million (GBP44 million)
2. Jay-Z - $83 million (GBP41.5 million)
3. Madonna - $72 million (GBP36 million)
4. Bon Jovi - $67 million (GBP33.5 million)
5. Sir Elton John - GBP53 million (GBP26.5 million)
6. Celine Dion - $45 million (GBP22.5 million)
7. Tim MCGraw - $37 million (GBP18.5 million)
8. 50 Cent - $33 million (GBP16.5 million)
9. U2 - $30 million (GBP15 million)
10. P Diddy - $23 million (GBP11.5 million)