The son of legendary wrestler Ric Flair died from an accidental heroin overdose, coroners have found.
Richard Reid Fliehr, who was also a grappler, was found dead in a hotel room in Charlotte, North Carolina on 29 March (13).
According to his official autopsy report, which was released on Friday (14Jun13), officials found heroin and traces of muscle relaxant clonazepam and anxiety drug Xanax in his system.
The 25 year old, known in the ring as Reid Flair, struggled with substance abuse and was arrested three times in the last seven years, with police once allegedly finding heroin during a search of his car following an accident.
Following the release of the autopsy report, Ric Flair told the Charlotte Observer, "I loved him... He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn't win."
The singer was discovered dead on Thursday morning.
It’s only taken 53 years, but veteran Mary Poppins star Dick Van Dyke has at last offered an apology for what he called “the most atrocious...