Dolly Parton - Parton's Love Song Tops Valentine's Day Country Poll
DOLLY PARTON's I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU has topped a romantic new poll to find the greatest country love songs of all time.
The song, which hit the number one spot on the country music charts in 1974 and 1982 - and was recorded by Whitney Houston as the love theme for her hit movie The Bodyguard, beat out tunes by Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and 2011 Grammy Award winners Lady Antebellum to top the CMT 40 Greatest Love Songs list.
Parton famously wrote the song for her mentor Porter Wagoner as she attempted to leave the cast of his syndicated television show.
Willie Nelson's Always on My Mind came in second, while Faith Hill's Breathe was third.
The full top 10 list is:
1. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton
2. Always on My Mind - Willie Nelson
3. Breathe - Faith Hill
4. He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
5. How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes & Trisha Yearwood
6. Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline
7. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
8. When I Call Your Name - Vince Gill
9. Love Story - Taylor Swift
10. It's Your Love - Tim MCGraw and Faith Hill.