Prosecutors in DR. CONRAD MURRAY's manslaughter case have accused the medic of withholding vital information from hospital staff as they battled to save late superstar Michael Jackson.
The Thriller hitmaker suffered a cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home in June 2009, caused by an overdose of anaesthetic Propofol.
Jackson's personal physician Murray, who is accused of administering the fatal dose, was at the house when the superstar was found unresponsive and escorted him to the UCLA hospital along with paramedics.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter and the case went to court in L.A. this week (beg03Jan11) as officials attempt to decide whether there is enough evidence for a trial.
And during the preliminary hearings on Wednesday (05Jan11), Deputy District Attorney David Walgren sensationally accused Murray of hindering efforts to save the star's life by failing to tell doctors at UCLA that Jackson had been given Propofol.
Walgren told the court, "Most notably, Dr Murray would not tell these UCLA doctors about the Propofol treatment, let alone the nightly Propofol treatment he had been giving Michael for the past two months."
Walgren also told the court he plans to call expert medical witnesses to testify that Murray had "deviated from the standard of care", according to Reuters.
Jackson's sister Janet and his mother Katherine, along with various other family members, were in court on Wednesday (05Jan11) to hear the testimony.
Take a look back at October's inaugural event.
The film is expected to continue without Mendes' involvement.