Michelle Williams - Michelle Williams and Jason Segel forced to evacuate home
Michelle Williams and Jason Segel were forced to evacuate their New York home by hurricane Sandy
Michelle Williams and Jason Segel have been evacuated from their New York lovenest.
The 32-year-old 'My Week With Marilyn' star and the 'How I Met Your Mother' actor recently began living together with her daughter Matilda in a sprawling waterfront loft in Red Hook, Brooklyn above the Fairway supermarket but have now been forced to relocate after their neighbourhood was badly damaged by hurricane Sandy.
According to Time magazine, the supermarket was completely destroyed, the surrounding streets were flooded and the area is still without power following Monday night's (29.10.12) storm.
The magazine reports: ''The sandbags that some homes and businesses had placed around basements and in front of doors were no more effective than a pebble in stopping the water from rushing in.
''Enormous trees were uprooted. Cars that had begun to float last night were left abandoned in intersections. Power lines were down everywhere, but did not pose an immediate threat: the power was out and is likely to remain so for days to come.''
The couple - who moved in together just six months after going public with their romance last April - are now said to be staying back at the nearby $4.2 million brownstone the actress shared with the late actor Heath Ledger, who is the father of her seven-year-old daughter Matilda and died of an accidental drugs overdose in 2008.
A source close to Jason previously said: ''I never thought Jason would ever date someone with a kid. But he's taking everything in stride. He's ready to be a grown-up.
''Matilda loves Jason, he knows how to entertain children. You can't be that obsessed with puppets and not learn a few things!''
Meanwhile, Michelle is also said to be smitten by her latest love and friends say she think he could be the one for her.
A pal said: ''She's fallen for him hard. She's really giving this a shot.''