Michelle Heaton - Michelle Heaton Damages Nerves In Scalding Accident29 January 2013
British pop star Michelle Heaton has damaged the nerves in her left hand after burning herself in a freak accident earlier this month (Jan13).
The former Liberty X singer was filling a hot water bottle when the liquid scalded her, and Heaton's husband, Hugh, convinced the star to attend a local hospital's accident and emergency department.
Medics treated the burn, but told Heaton - who underwent a double mastectomy in November (12) - that her nerves had been damaged.
In her column for Britain's Closer magazine, she writes, "My hope for no hospital dramas in 2013 didn't last long as I went and poured boiling water over my hand last week while filling a hot water bottle!
"I thought it would be okay but, after an hour of agony, I was crying my eyes out and Hugh convinced me we should go to A&E. Thank God we did as there's a little nerve damage. They hope it'll heal with time and without much scarring, but for now it's lots of strong painkillers and numbing cream."
Heaton underwent the double mastectomy after learning she is genetically prone to breast cancer.