Max Clifford - Max Clifford Pleads Not Guilty To Indecent Assault Charges
Revered publicist Max Clifford pleaded not guilty to a series of indecent assault charges at a court appearance in London on Tuesday (28May13).
The public relations guru, whose clients have included Simon Cowell, attended a brief hearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court and entered the formal plea relating to 11 allegations of abusing girls as young as 14.
Clifford, who was arrested last year (12) in the fallout from the sex abuse scandal surrounding late Tv presenter Sir Jimmy Savile, was remanded on bail and will appear at Southwark Crown Court in the U.K. capital next month (Jun13).
Speaking outside court after the hearing, Clifford said, "I'm totally innocent of these allegations and the nightmare continues. All I know is up until the Jimmy Savile situation, no one ever said anything about me at all.
"This is a nightmare for myself and my family and has been since December when I was arrested in a very public way. What I've got to do now is to prove that these allegations are totally without foundation, which I know they are."
The 70 year old is accused of offences which are said to have taken place between 1966 and 1985 and relate to seven different women and girls ranging in age from 14 to 19.
Clifford was initially investigated as part of Operation Yewtree, a police probe into claims that Savile had abused up to 450 youngsters throughout his long-running entertainment career at the Bbc.