Max Clifford: Back To Work After Bail Release From Operation Yewtree Arrest
Despite his arrest under Operation Yewtree, which stems from sexual abuse claims that could date back to the 1970's, Max Clifford said the allegations "are totally without any foundation and are totally untrue", and is looking to get back to work following his bail release, Sky News reports.
He said he had "absolutely nothing to hide" over the claims levelled against him, and said, "I'll be working as I normally do - so trying to make things as normal as I possibly can in the circumstances." He said it had been "a horrible experience but you have to face up to these things", and continued to say, "The police have got to look into it (the allegations). That's what they have to do and obviously I have to answer their questions and hopefully show clearly and conclusively to them and everybody else that there's absolutely no truth in it at all." Operation Yewtree is being investigated under three categories of offences; those allegedly committed by Savile alone, those allegedly committed by Savile and others, and alleged offences by others.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said on Thursday: "The individual (held today) falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed 'others'. We are not prepared to discuss further." Among those arrested already in line with the investigation are Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr, DJ Dave Lee Travis and a man in his 70s, reported to be former television producer Wilfred De'Ath.