Law Has A Gas Leak
British actor JUDE LAW was forced to evacuate his north London home yesterday (01MAR07) fearing he had a gas leak.
Fire engines were called after THE HOLIDAY star reported a suspicious smell at house in Primrose Hill - but he was soon given the all-clear and allowed back in.
The unexpected incident almost delayed his appointment at the French Embassy, where he was due to collect a Chevalier des Artes et des Lettres medal for his contribution to film.
His parents MAGGIE and PETER also attended the ceremony.
The actor said, "My mum and dad have lived in France for 15 years, so it is a country I share as my home."
Ambassador GERARD ERRERA said the prestigious award for Law's films such as ALFIE and COLD MOUNTAIN and for being "simply one of the most talented actors today".