Kristin Cavallari - Kristin Cavallari's unromantic proposal
Kristin Cavallari's fiance asked her to marry him for the second time via text message and didn't plan a romantic proposal after they called off their first engagement
Kristin Cavallari's fiance asked her to marry him for the second time via text message.
The former 'The Hills' star announced in November 2011 that she is set to marry Jay Cutler, seven months after calling off their original engagement and breaking up, but she has revealed that he didn't plan a second romantic proposal after they got back together.
In new interview that will air as part of an E! special on March 10, the 26-year-old beauty said: ''It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, 'Oh, shall we get married?' We're like, 'Yeah, OK.' And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on.''
But Kristin, who gave birth to her first child, Camden, last August, insists they can't wait to get married later this year and their wedding plans are in full swing.
She said: ''We actually have a date. But we're not, you know, telling anyone details. (We) know where, we know the colours, we have people booked...I'm hoping to keep it around 160.''
The former reality TV star - who has just launched her new jewellery collection in Los Angeles - previously revealed she wishes her fiance were around more to help with their baby.
Jay plays for NFL team Chicago Bears and while Kristin relocated to Chicago after their son Camden was born, she is disappointed that Jay is so busy with work.
She said: ''Before we had the baby I liked that we had alone time but now with the baby I feel like Jay is gone all the time.
''I was able to bond with Camden since I was breast feeding. It was hard for Jay since Camden is so small and Jay didn't really have as much time to get close to him.''