Kate Hudson's Smoking Sofa
Kate Hudson's designer sofa was reportedly set on fire by a smoking partygoer during a party at her home in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles.
Kate Hudson's designer sofa was reportedly set on fire by a smoking partygoer.
The 'Bride Wars' actress was throwing a bash at her home in the exclusive Pacific Palisades district of Los Angeles for a large group of friends, when one of them accidentally set her couch alight with his cigarette.
Guests were shocked when they saw flames coming out of the seat and quickly threw water over the expensive item and dragged it outdoors.
The 30-year-old star was said to be fuming that one of her pals ignored her non-smoking rule.
According to National Enquirer magazine, she said to the man: "If you had just smoked outside where I asked everyone to smoke, my couch wouldn't have been damaged."
However, Kate eventually softened after repeatedly apologised and offered to pay for any damages and repairs - which she declined.
Kate has thrown a few parties at her luxurious home since she split from New York Yankees baseball player Alex 'A-Rod' Rodriguez in December.
A week before Christmas, Kate invited a host of her celebrity pals over to get in the festive mood.
Hollywood friends including Kate Beckinsale, Tobey Maguire, Fergie and her husband Josh Duhamel, Liv Tyler and Jason Statham and Kate's mother Goldie Hawn and step-father Kurt Russell attended.