John Goodman - John Goodman Gets Stitches After Smoking Mishap29 October 2012
Actor John Goodman is nursing an injured finger after slicing open his hand on a broken window.
The Artist star was in New York City promoting his two new movies Argo and Flight on 12 October (12) when he opened up a window in his hotel suite to smoke a cigarette.
The window was not secure, and the glass fixture came crashing down on his thumb and index finger.
He tells New York Magazine, "The top of the window came off, sheared in the middle, and came down like a guillotine."
Ironically, the accident occurred just before Goodman was due to appear on U.S. programme The Late Show With David Letterman, so the actor wrapped his hand in gauze and braved the intense pain for the interview due to time constraints.
He adds, "I looked like a goofball, but it killed 30 seconds of conversation."
The 60 year old was hospitalised immediately after the show and he received a few stitches.