Hackers Steal Michael Jackson's Unreleased Tracks - Comments and Message Board

willyOne's picture

willyOne

Well.... one thing is certain. MJ doesn't care and isn't concerned. As for Sony, I believe they've done enough damage to the market on their own and, I also believe that performers should be paid for performing - as in concerts or other live performances. The old business model that has served the 'recording industry' for so long has sailed. It was easy to control content when you owned method of media delivery but, this is the digital age and once something is 'in the wild', it becomes fair game for whoever stumbles across it. The 'recording industry' priced themselves out of business long ago and, are now beginning to lose their free ride - after having made untold millions. I cannot feel their pain - they have become just another branch of the parasite class.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932661

Pearljr123's picture

Pearljr123

Michael Joe Jackson is not dead according to thousands of clues, evidence, proof. Watch the most riveting documentary "Alive! Is Michael Jackson Really Dead?" on netflix, amazon.Also read the one and only EmovieBook, "Pseudocide Did Michael Jackson Fake His Death To Save His Life?" amazon
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932650

YANNI54's picture

YANNI54

Didn't MJ have problems with Sony when he was alive? So why wouldn't Sony be the ones screwing over the unreleased music of Michael Jackson solo and collaborations with others be a shocker. MJ had part ownership of the Beatles and a few others music so was "that" part of the breach or was The Beatles songs protected like the other ones should have been. Ms. Katherine and the kids need to find out what's going on!!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932650

TTricia's picture

TTricia

Just to be clear. By HACKED, they mean someone on the inside gave up some passwords for people to access Sonys database from the outside, to the highest bidder. Don't be fooled by media propaganda.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932651

Y-o-y's picture

Y-o-y

I hope that people begin to realize that hacking is not just some cute little thing that bored nerds do in their parents basement. It is big time crime and serious intimidation that takes away your freedom on the internet. If you have even a small business on the net - you get threatened and hit. You post the wrong thing - you get threatened and hit. Is this what you want your Internet to become?
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932651

MadCharles's picture

MadCharles

It used to be called file sharing when the freeloader class of the nineties stole all the music and ruined the music business. Today it's called hacking. divebomber.org
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932652

WheeelIam's picture

WheeelIam

Who's idea was it to have these files on a network segment that could be accessed from the outside. Dumb ditty dumb dumb dumb. I would have had that catalogue on detached media in a vault until release time.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932652

Sugar Bear's picture

Sugar Bear

Want to hear the one with Freddie Mercury.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932652

THEAURALIST's picture

THEAURALIST

Hmm, let's see...If I SPENT $250 MILLION DOLLARS ($250,000,000.00) for something as valuable a MJs ENTIRE CATALOG, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I PUT IT WHERE PEOPLE (PEOPLE who I did not have ACCESS TO or TRUST) WOULD BE ABLE TO GET AT IT???The systems are called VAULTS PEOPLE - PHYSICAL VAULTS FOR PHYSICAL PRODUCT(S)!!Why in the HELL would SONY put MJs ENTIRE COLLECTION in DIGITAL FORMAT and then PUT IT WHERE A COMPUTER CAN ACCESS IT?This must mean that SONY/BMG has DIGITIZED EVERY MUSICAL FILE IN THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG and that they have made EACH FILE AVAILABLE VIA SERVERS???After SONY had to pay back all of those MILLIONS OF DOLLARS YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF SPYWARE ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal#Legal_and_financial_problems) ON THEIR CDs I THINK THAT their LEGAL COUNCIL would give them a little more DIGITAL SAVVY with regards to their MUSIC STORAGE NEEDS!!In other words, I DON'T THINK SO???
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1334932653

Kristoff Thompson's picture

Kristoff Thompson

@TheAuralist, I cannot agree more. If I can lock down my own home network computer and my home office computer (I freelance and deal with large contracts on a daily basis) through the use of an online tutorial that shows you how to be "hack proof" then I'm sorry...If they don't do it they deserve what they get!
Import Source: