Elmo Sex Scandal: Accuser To Forfeit $125,000 And Stick By His Story19 November 2012
Elmo Sex Scandal: Accuser To Forfeit $125,000 And Stick By His Story
The man who accused Kevin Clash - the voice of Elmo - of having sex with him while he was just 16-years-old is sticking by his story. As was previously reported by TMZ.com, Mr Sheldon Stephens entered into a $125,000 settlement in which he confirmed that his sexual relationship was Mr Clash was adult and consensual.
The agreement released late last week read, "Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement ... 'He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship," though Stephens is said to be having second thoughts and wants to give up the $125,000. He met with his lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting the allegations and insists he had sex with Clash while he was just 16-years-old. Stephens will gladly forfeit the $125,000 to tell the truth about their time together and was reportedly crying throughout the final negotiations, initially refusing to sign.
Clash's lawyer said on Friday (November 16, 2012) that he had no comment on the settlement story, though we're pretty sure this one is going to run and run and run.