Did Doj Warn News Corp About Subpoenas For Reporter's Phone Records
News Corp on Sunday denied that it had received a notice from the Justice Department informing it that a subpoena had been issued for the telephone records of Fox News Channel reporter James Rosen. Lawrence A. Jacobs, News Corp's chief legal officer at the time (he left in 2011), told the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times that he never saw such a notice and insisted that he would have remembered it if it had been received. These are not the kinds of things that happen every day, he said, adding that if it had arrived on his desk, The first thing I would've done would be to call [Fox News Chairman] Roger Ailes. News Corp's response came after the Justice Department said that it had sent notifications by certified mail, facsimile and email to News Corp in 2009, at the time it was investigating the source of a leak to Rosen concerning North Korea's missile activity.