Depp To Quit At 50? - Comments and Message Board

JepperDepper's picture

JepperDepper

Sorry davanne... but Johnny has not had surgical operations to make him look younger like Cliff has. Sure, taste is different, but I'd ALWAYS prefer Johnny to Cliff - especially after having met the latter finding out he was a total jerk (sorry!)Johnny is the best actor there has been around for a long time, and I'm sure he'll be around for quite a while yet. He looks great, but it's his acting skills I love him for. He is so so talented and it would be a great loss if he quite in 7 years. There's no one like him
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484234

davanne's picture

davanne

I think Cliff at 65 looks better than Johnny Depp at 43. I am a huge fan of both but anyone who can age as well as Cliff has can't be compared to others easily?
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484525

willywonka's picture

willywonka

i don't think this means he is actually going to stop appearing in films as soon as he turns 50, what he says is that he doesnt think he will last, maybe he feels the public wont want to see his films once he has lost his good looks?i think he is one of the best actors of our time though and should carry on acting for as long as he can.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483852

xArielBx's picture

xArielBx

awww, I hope he doesnt quit hes such a fantastic actor!! He is my most favorite!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484926

no1_sony's picture

no1_sony

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't quit! He just can't quit! I love him too much! We all love him too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485111

Matilda's picture

Matilda

I certainly hope that this is one of Johnny's jokes with the paparazzi. To lose this great actor in only seven years will be tragic. Johnny and his movies have gotten us through some pretty hard times over the years. When we needed to laugh or cry, or some incentive to never give up, there is a Depp movie for the occasion.I truly hope he reconciders his decision.What a loss this will be!We love you Johnny! Please keep up the great work!?
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485167

Satch's picture

Satch

BULLs**t. Johnny has stated a few times that he looks forward to getting older, because he'll be able to play more varied roles. Utter crap.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483882

CliffsDvlWmn's picture

CliffsDvlWmn

I think it is a complement to Cliff that someone as well known in the USA as Johnny Depp knows of him and his music to make a comparison even if it was 'tongue in cheek'? Good one Cliff. Regards, Ann (Tasmania, Australia)
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484912

PARIS ANNE's picture

PARIS ANNE

WELL, JOHNNY DEPP, I DIDN'T THINK HAS ONE VAIN BONE IN HIS GORGEOUS BODY! LOOK AT HIS EYE GLASSES--SOMETHING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE 1950'S, TO TRY TO WARD PEOPLE OFF! DOESN'T WORK, MR. DEPP!!!!!!I THINK THIS IS A RUMOUR, OR JUST LIKE THE LADY ABOVE ME SAID HE'S JUST PLAYING W/ THE PRESS (WHO ARE SO GULLIBLE)! THIS MAN ISN'T ABOUT LOOKS, HE'S ABOUT EXTREME TALENT! HALF THE TIME HE SHOWS UP AT PREMIERE'S LOOKING LIKE HE'S IN SEVERE NEED OF A STYLIST. PLUS, HIS PARTNER VANESSA, IS QUITE THE WOMEN OF COUTOURE! HE DOES THIS FOR A REASON!LOOK AT YOUR PEER-- MR.ROBERT REDFORD! HONEY, I WOULDN'T TURN HIM AWAY---EVER! I'M 45, (DON'T LOOK IT EITHER, NOT TO SOUND STUCK-UP)! PLUS HE'S WHAT 60 PLUS. I'D PICK HIM OVER HIS DOUBLE, BRAD PITT IN A SECOND! "SPY GAMES" THEY WERE BOTH IN TOGETHER. (I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO WAS THE SEXIEST)? MR. REDFORD WON HANDS DOWN!! GOOD JOKE THOU, JOHNNY! PLUS YOUR LEGIONS OF FANS WOULD BUG YOU TO DEATH TO COME OUT OF RETIREMENT!! AT 50!!! YOU ARE QUITE THE PRANKSTER, IF THIS IS INDEED TRUE! PLUS WHO WOULD WE BE LEFT W/ FOR TALENTED ACTORS? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR BELOVED FANS? I CAN'T EVEN THINK TOO HARD ABOUT THIS. I'M DEPRESSED ALREADY. PLUS I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR TO SEE POTC3, WHICH IS TORTURE ENOUGH! DON'T PLAY W/ YOUR FANS LIKE THAT, PLEASE? YOUR THE SEXIEST GUY OUT THERE! STOP FIGHTING IT!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU? LOOK AT STEVEN TYLER 48, AND STILL LOOKS GREAT! PLUS OVERLY TALENTED TO BOOT! JUST LIKE YOU!
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483620

VidaNovaGal's picture

VidaNovaGal

Well Cliff was an actor too so I guess Johnny hasnt seen Cliff full repertoire which would be because it spans almost 50 years!....BOTH men are wonderful talented individuals and Johnny has many more years left to fully engage his talent if he so wishes, Cliff has had many career peaks but has more left to come. I think Johnny enjoys the characters he is currently able to play and perhaps cant see his changing role still challenging him....I'm sure at 30 Cliff did not know what 50 held for him...We will all wait and see and enjoy whatever talents they choose to display..:-)
Import Source: