It seems as if some of the participants in CNBC's fantasy Million-Dollar Portfolio Challenge were able to perform some of the trickery that some real-life stock market traders employ to game the system. The cable business network has shut down the contest, which awards $1 million to the player who earns the most virtual money on his or her portfolio over a two-month period. "There was a technical glitch in the current equity trading system, which a handful of players found and exploited to jump to the top of the leaderboard," the company said in a statement, without specifying what the "technical glitch" amounted to. TheDaily.com cited a source as saying that none of the participants who gamed the system would be disqualified since no rule was broken. CNBC said that it would remount the contest on Oct. 30.
The show was previously given a second season after the first episode aired in February.
More than just a 'Star Trek' actor.
They claim that all allegations regarding a secret pornography collection are false.