Cory Monteith - Cause Of Death Confirmed: Cory Monteith Overdosed On Heroin
The coroners' report confirms that it was heroin, which killed the young actor.
A toxicology report has confirmed what many have suspected since Cory Monteith’s death was first announced – it was a drug overdose that claimed the young star’s life last Sunday. He was killed by a “mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia Coroners Service said in a statement released Tuesday, quoted by Parade. The report also suggested that “.At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
Monteith's addiction won out in te end.
Monteith has never attempted to hide his drug problems. In fact, he has gone on record, saying that his addiction goes back to when he was 16. While he has battled the addiction and voluntarily checked into rehab on two separate occasions, the addiction won out in the end. This comes as a shock to his friends and castmates on Glee, to whom he appeared to have gotten back on the wagon after his second rehab stint.
His friends and colleagues didn't see it coming.
Cory’s co-star Jane Lynch, who has been sober for 21 years, told Larry King in an interview taped prior to the 31-year-old’s death, “He went to rehab, and he’s out now and he’s doing great. He was sober for many, many years. And he’s a young man. So he just had to kind of renew his vows to sobriety.” The coroners’ investigation will continue, however, to reveal any additional factors that might have played a sole in the 31-year-old actor’s death.
The relapse was completely unexpected.