Bruce Forsyth Reckons Britain’s Got Talent Shouldn’t Include Kids
The legendary presenter also endorses some younger talent
British television legend Bruce Forsyth – current presenter of Strictly Come Dancing – has announced that children shouldn’t be allowed on Britain’s Got Talent.
"I don't think they should put children on that are too young. If you're going to do that, have a separate show. Have a children's show, British Children Have Talent," Forsyth told The Mail on Sunday. "To put little children through that kind of an ordeal, I think that is wrong. I think it was last year some poor little girl of about 11 was crying her eyes out on there. I don't think that's entertainment." BGT – hosted by Ant and Dec – has become one of the most popular shows on television as it pits contestants against each other in singing, dancing, magic tricks or even dog shows. Forsyth, too, has become a British staple over the years. Speaking of his return to Strictly Come Dancing, he added: "It's looking like I'll definitely be doing it and I'm looking forward to it." Forsyth recently revealed that he wants Ant & Dec to replace him on Strictly if he quits.
"So many people have been put in the frame, but I'd love Ant and Dec to do it. I think they'd do an amazing job," he said, fully endorsing the Geordie pair, who rose to prominence with their cheeky antics on Byker Grove and their musical styling as PJ & Duncan.
Bruce Forsyth smiling for the cameras