Beloved British Entertainer Bruce Forsyth Is Recovering After Suffering Multiple Injuries In A Fall At His Home.
The 87 year old was admitted to hospital last week (ends04Oct15) to treat injuries including cuts to his face, and he is now resting at home.
Doctors advised the veteran TV star to axe his upcoming work commitments, so he has pulled out of hosting his variety show Bruce's Hall Of Fame, which was due to be filmed at London's Dominion Theatre on Sunday (11Oct15).
"I was really looking forward to this show and working with such a talented cast, and I am really sad not to be part of it," Bruce says.
"It is now in the most capable hands of (TV presenter) Alexander Armstrong and I would like to wish him, the guests and the whole production team good luck on Sunday."
A statement from the show's production company Kalooki Pictures, adds, "Sir Bruce Forsyth slipped and fell at his home resulting in facial abrasions and minor concussion. He attended hospital and had a series of scans and tests all of which happily proved negative.
"However, because of his injury, he has been told by doctors he must have complete rest for at least seven days."