Bon Jovi Opens Up About Daughter's Heroin Overdose Ordeal22 November 2012
Bon Jovi Opens Up About Daughter's Heroin Overdose Ordeal
Jon Bon Jovi’s world almost came crashing down on him last week after his daughter Stephanie Bongiovi was hospitalized following a heroin overdose; one of the biggest rockers in the world, the incident has nevertheless stopped the Bon Jovi in his tracks, and he opened up to Fox about the ordeal. (Stephanie was hospitalized on November 14).
"It's human," Bon Jovi, 50, said stoically. "What I do for a living seems glitzy and glamorous but if you don't take it too seriously it's a great way to make a living. And then life goes on. Things happen. This tragedy was something that I had to face too. So we'll get through it." There have been an abundance of well-wishers in the wake of the incident, and he was quick to thank them too, saying "People's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring," he said. "So, we're good."
The incident itself saw the 19 year-old Bongiovi collapse in her dorm room in Hamilton College, New York. She was rushed to hospital and treated and luckily survived. However, that led to a search of her room which found a small amount of heroin as well as marijuana and other drug paraphernalia. Initially arrested alongside her friend Ian S. Grant on drug possession charges, she was freed after a court exempted the charges on account that Grant sought help for Bongiovi to help her survive the overdose.