Annette Funicello Stable After House Fire - Comments and Message Board

Wally Lamb here. I gave Annette a cameo appearance in a little Christmas book I wrote a few years back called Wishin' and Hopin', and doing so reignited my school boy crush on this great entertainer. So many of us Baby Boomer boys were smitten! Just want to wish Annette the very best with this latest difficulty, as well as her husband and her nurse who were also affected by the fire. You, too, E. MS runs in my family so I know the challenges and send you my best.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by fictionwriter

fictionwriter's picture

Annette's "Character" has since been played by Justin Timberlake & Ryan Gosling????? Really????? ....NOT!!!!Do your research and get your story straight. Annette is Annette. No one "played" her. She was herself as an original member of the Mickey Mouse Club as were all the other young people who were on the show, Original or Modern version)I suspect you might be too young to remember the original Mouseketeers but you need to have a better understanding about what you are posting to the public and if you don't, at least in this case, ask someone whose older than 50. We don't bite you know but we will call you on ignorance.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by noopysma

noopysma's picture

Her character has since been played by Justin Timberlake & Ryan Gosling????? Really????Annette was Annette. No one "has since played her character" on anything. Get your story straight. Do your homework. Each Mickey Mouse Club (original & modern) had it's own characters, named after the kids themselves. No one "played" Annette. She was "herself", a member of the Original Mickey Mouse Club Mousketeers. My guess is you might probably be too young to remember the original but you should, at least, do your research.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by noopysma

noopysma's picture

Annette, I grew up with you.... and at age 60 I sit here with your long-time buddy MS. I watch every little piece of news about you and feel SO terrible about the fire. You are a trouper and have proved that with your MS. Hang in there girl.....but I pray Jesus will be there for you when the time is right. May God bless you Annette. And thank you for all you have done to bring MS to the news. Love E

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by E

E's picture

So glad that everyone is safe from the fire! Watched Annette grow up on the Mouseketers, saw most of the Beach Party Movies.... Saw some od the cast at Disneyland, saw Frankie Avalon at Pacific Ocean Park, once. Have 2 Brother-in-laws that had MS.... God Bless you and yours!

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by gmawendy

gmawendy's picture

Annette the real deal and a class act; No need to expose herself, get a tattoo, a piercing, get her lips pumped, run out of gas in a Bentley, shoplift or go in and out of rehab. multiple times. She was all that and more. God Bless and YOU'RE STILL MY PINUP GAL ON MY SHOP WALL WHERE i PARK MY 65 T BIRD.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by carpi

carpi's picture

I too have watched Annette grow up with Mr. Walt Disney. You have always been in my thoughts for many years and you will always be in my prayers. God is with you and your family. Take care.Terry Ruth10960 N. 67th Ave. #181Glendale, AZ. 85304-3671

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by arizonaruth1945

arizonaruth1945's picture

Annette, Like so many others, I watched you on the Micky Mouse Club. There will never be another time like when we were young and enjoyed all that Disney had to offer in entertainment and you were a huge part of that era. I wish you and your family the best. God was watching over you! :-)

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by yumacricket

yumacricket's picture

Annette has been through so much,she is in my prayers .Pauline Poremba

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by angel1

angel1's picture

Annette was always my favorite Mouseketter. I idolized her my whole life. I wanted to be her. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers regularly and I am happy to hear that she is alright after the fire. My dream in life was to meet Annette, but the closest I ever got was having an aunt who looked just like her. God Bless Annette Funicello.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by kidz_mum

kidz_mum's picture

Annette, I hope that you, your husband and nurse get better soon. You have been through so much and now this. You are always in my thoughts and prayers, I remember you from the Mickey Mouse Club and all your beach party movies and I have them all and love them. So please get better soon.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by Tootse

Tootse's picture

I sincerely hope that Annette,her husbdand and nurse are OK. Fighting MS is hard enough w/o somehting like this ocurring. All the best.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago by herefordlight

herefordlight's picture

Suggested

'Lost' BBC Session By Led Zeppelin Recovered And Restored

'Lost' BBC Session By Led Zeppelin Recovered And Restored

The 1969 session, including the only known recording of 'Sunshine Woman' by the band, will be included on a re-issue of 'The Complete BBC Sessions'...

Michael J. Fox Joins Coldplay On Stage To Perform 'Back To The Future' Songs

Michael J. Fox Joins Coldplay On Stage To Perform 'Back To The Future' Songs

The 55 year old actor joined Chris Martin and co. on stage in New Jersey to perform 'Earth Angel' and 'Johnny B. Goode'.

Bjork Announces Virtual Reality Exhibition In London, Plus Single Live Show

Bjork Announces Virtual Reality Exhibition In London, Plus Single Live Show

Bjork Digital comes to London's Somerset House in September, along with a single live show at the Royal Albert Hall.

Has Kanye West Broken The Law Over Taylor Swift Phone Call?

Has Kanye West Broken The Law Over Taylor Swift Phone Call?

Kim Kardashian released an audio excerpt from a phone call between Kanye and Taylor Swift over the lyrics of 'Famous' - but if it was recorded...

DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall Album Review

DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall Album Review

There's very much a strength of conviction in remaining what you were, but arguably more so in becoming what you want to be.

'Poldark' And 'X Factor' Set For TV Clash In September

'Poldark' And 'X Factor' Set For TV Clash In September

The BBC drama starring Aidan Turner returns to BBC One on September 4th.

Guns N' Roses detained for gun possession

Guns N' Roses detained for gun possession

Guns N' Roses were detained at the Canadian border last week for gun possession but they're adamant the weapon didn't belong to them.

Artists
Actors
    Filmmakers
      Artists
      Bands
        Musicians
          Artists
          Celebrities

Artists
              Interviews
                musicians & bands in the news
                  actors & filmmakers in the news
                    celebrities in the news

Go Back in Time using our News archive to see what happened on a particular day in the past.