Amy Winehouse - Amy Winehouse's brother says bulimia 'killed her'
Amy Winehouse's brother Alex has said the late singer's tragic death in 2011 due to accidental alcohol poisoning was made worse by her long battle with bulimia.
Amy Winehouse's brother claims she died of bulimia.
The late singer passed away in 2011 due to accidental alcohol poisoning and Alex insisted her battle with the eating disorder - which usually involves vomiting to get rid of unwanted food - contributed to her early death.
He told The Observer Magazine: ''She suffered from bulimia very badly. That's not, like, a revelation - you knew just by looking at her.
''She would have died eventually, the way she was going, but what really killed her was the bulimia ... Absolutely terrible ... I think that it left her weaker and more susceptible.
''Had she not had an eating disorder, she would have been physically stronger.''
The 'Rehab' singer's sibling explained how she developed the disorder when she was 17 and started hanging out with a group of girls who badly influenced her.
He added: ''[They] were all doing it. They'd put loads of rich sauces on their food, scarf it down and throw it up.
''They stopped doing it, but Amy never really did ... We all knew she was doing it, but it's almost impossible [to tackle] especially if you're not talking about. It's a real dark, dark issue.''