U2 Pay Tribute To John Lennon - Comments and Message Board

Smokey++++++++++++++++++++++++'s picture

Smokey+++++++++...

I would like to know if any bands besides U2 paid tribute to Lennon -- especially, Paul McCartney or Rolling Stones, both being on tour now -- or was Bono and U2 the only big show that honored John Lennon?
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483785

Smokey++++++++++++++++++++++++'s picture

Smokey+++++++++...

I read about that U2 show and missed a great tribute show. U2's love comes through when they give tribute to other musicians and many good people in the world, while campaigning against the bad things.. no band has bigger hearts and talent than U2..
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483735

Lana's picture

Lana

I'm glad U2 paid that tribut to John. God rest his soul.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322485803

paul553's picture

paul553

I think that any tribute to John Lennon is positive.What has made me aggitated is that none of the tv stations have made any contributions via a tv special or documentary to celebrate his life on his passing.25 years since his his and all we had was a brief 3 minutes on ITV news. Disgraceful. The guy was a great man and derserved better coverage.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322483997

Guru's picture

Guru

I agree with last comment, it is disgraceful that no TV stations had any fitting TV tributes. Channel four's ghastly programme involving John's killer was utterly disgraceful that is why I did not watch it. I did not watch channel four last night and I hope no one else did either.Instead I listened to a most enjoyable Lennon night last night on Radio 2. Those of you who can, can catch it on the internet (www.bbc.co.uk/radio2) I can recommend it.
Import Source:
comments.nsf
Import Date:
1322484944

dotty's picture

dotty

Bono never forgets his friends dead or alive. He is always dedicating songs at the U2 concerts to people he admires or individuals who have come through great tragedies. He remembers birthdays & those that have helped or inspired U2 along the way. He might be mega rich & famous but is also the man next door with a big, big heart.
Import Source: