Somewhere Over The Rainbow Tops Afi Movie Music List
JUDY GARLAND's WIZARD OF OZ tune SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW has topped another movie music poll.
The beloved song, which was voted the best tune of the last millennium in a 2000 poll, has been named the AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE's (AFI) top movie song.
In a TV special, presented by JOHN TRAVOLTA, which aired in America last night (22JUN04), Somewhere Over the Rainbow beat classics like CASABLANCA's AS TIME GOES BY and SINGIN' IN THE RAIN.
The top 10 movie songs were:
2. AS TIME GOES BY (CASABLANCA)
3. SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN)
4. MOON RIVER (BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S)
5. WHITE CHRISTMAS (HOLIDAY INN + WHITE CHRISTMAS)
6. MRS ROBINSON (THE GRADUATE)
7. WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR (PINOCCHIO)
8. THE WAY WE WERE (THE WAY WE WERE)
9. STAYIN' ALIVE (SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER)
10. THE SOUND OF MUSIC (THE SOUND OF MUSIC)