Rourke Pledges Support To Bush - Comments and Message Board

NewSilkTradeRoute's picture

NewSilkTradeRoute

I have always admired a free thinker and a progressive ahead of his time by a few more years!!Thanks for the support Mickey...hope ya read this..love your work, always have! ya handsome lil devil.
1322484078

GLB

Yea, who can't support a policy that requires GIs to go on patrol, hoping to be shot at...so they can then return fire?It's no longer an insurgency, it's flat-out chaos. The troops over there DO NOT want to be there...despite the staged interviews that indicate otherwise. All you chicken-hawks should volunteer...there's always a need for fresh meat when we define success by body-count.For the record: I'm an Air Force retiree (20 years), and a card-carrying Republican. My old unit has been over there since the invasion.
1322484178

The Stevo in H-Town's picture

The Stevo in H-Town

Yeah..fourX 14...That's a pretty good ensemble of actors yer leavin' out....hopeya enjoy "Barfly".......
1322485691

claspur's picture

claspur

I learned how to spank-down anti-war liberals the other day, thanks to Laura Ingraham, listening to her.(I love Laura more than Apple Butter, btw.....)Firstly, I loved Mickey, and His work, and I don't know why before He got any real recognition....when I saw Barfly, that was it. That guy is Golden.For Him standing-up stateing what He's said takes balls. I hope it doesn't create problems for His acting career? My bet is, it won't.Now, as far as Laura's show; Monday she used the words Head Loppers, and I expounded on a saying anyone can use against anti-War Liberals; "So, I can put you down as a Pro-Head Lopper then, okay?"
1322485100

glassa

"Republicans don't care about the poor people,their only concern is how to satisfy the fat cat donors that throw the thousands their way for their campaigns."Are you so brainwashed that you really think Dems give a d@mn about poor people & don't care about fat cat donors like Moveon.org. "making threats against countries who are doing NOTHING to us."I guess you'd rather wait for another 9/11 to happen. I'd prefer it if we could prevent it myself. I can just see it if another 9/11 did happen. You liberals would be bitching about "why didn't he do anything!" Well, you bitched & moaned when he tried!The fact is, nothing he does will ever be good enough for you. You just can't get over your oh-so-important hatred for Bush.
1322485954

glassa

"Hey..Slackjaw, if that is the case what of the Idiots that too us there with bad Intel "Whose bad intelligence? Clinton thought Iraq had WMD way back in 1998. The UN had 13 Resolutions for over 10 years telling Saddam to get rid of WMD and banned weapons. Germany, France and Russia all thought he had them too.So, were we supposed to ignore all the stuff that said he had them?Oh, BTW, you might want to realize that "bad intel" does NOT constitute a lie!And, if it was a lie, then the UN wasted a LOT of time harassing a dictator when they KNEW he didn't have those banned weapons! I think they have better things to do.Ever thought of that? No, I guess not. Liberals so brainwashed by their hatred they aren't able to think for themselves.
1322485774

BAGGERZEN's picture

BAGGERZEN

GBL - IS THAT REALY YOUR STANCE...THEY DONT WANT TO BE THERE? TELL ME THEN, WHY THE "RE-ENLISTMENT" NUMBERS HAVE BEEN UP THE LAST FIVE YEARS? HMMMM? OH YA I "BELIVE" YOUR DISCLAIMER TOO...GBL-(R), EX-AIR FORCE MY ARSE!
1322483577

DrZin's picture

DrZin

Excellent. I was just thinking about 'Barfly' and how much I enjoyed that film so long ago. I'm particularly glad that Rourke specified that he supported the President's foreign policy and not domestic policy. Refreshing to know that not every single actor and musician supports dhimmitude.
1322484179

GLB

Eagle,Your frustration is understandable, but remember, you CHOSE to be a spectator in life.
1322485299

what the...?'s picture

what the...?

under normal circumstances i wouldn't express my annoyance to such kind of statements. Mickey is one of my favourite actors though and i really-for real-i cannot understand,i cant imagine how on earth did he "act" like this!!!he IS a FINE actor to me why do this????i regarded mickey as a much-much more sensitive and fair-minded man....Honestly he let me down and i dont find the reason why.Now i could say a whole lot more (oh yeah!) but i won't for fear being misunderstood.??????????oh and greetings to libanese people...
1322484079

Romes944's picture

Romes944

GLB IS A COMMIE LOVING, MUSLIM APPEASING, FLEA INFESTED, POT SMOKING, BUSH HATING LIBERAL. GLB THOUGHT IT WAS "COOL" THAT CLINTON GOT CAUGHT GETTING BJ. GLB FINANCED HIS 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS ABORTION LAST YEAR. GLB SPONSORS ALCOHOLIC PARTIES FOR HIGH SCHOOL TEENAGERS DURING THE SUMMER AND TAKES "PICTURES" (wink, wink) TO DOCUMENT IT. GLB IS CURRENTLY STUFFING HIMSELF WITH PREPARATION H AFTER LAST NIGHTS ROMP IN SOME REST AREA....
1322483777

rourkelosttoomanyboxingmatches's picture

rourkelosttooma...

Iraq, twice a weekI bet they'd only like to be serving twice a week.
1322485033

glassa

"Are you honestly trying to equate a conservative Republican (who recognizes and is willing to point out the liberal bias in the media and universities), with Stalin and Mao ( murderers of countless innocent)?"Liberals do it every day. They have no problem belittling the Holocaust by comparing Bush to Hitler.
1322485740

BushBacker 50's picture

BushBacker 50

I don't believe the 'Libby' posting his 'lies' about staged interviews from GI's saying he is a vet and a Republican! Hogwash! Another 'Libby' attempting to 'spin' in a forum. Get real man! The staging is what the 'Libby' mass media is doing! The GI's are the only truth you are hearing away from conservative talk radio!If you doubt me; why is the recruiting effort not having a problem? Why are so many GI's volunteering for second tours? Why are so many GI's re-upping?Don't tell me you're a card carrying Republican and a vet. You're a LIAR!
1322485271

X man's picture

X man

Being a meathead tough guy is not patriotic. Duhhhh
1322483745

James W.'s picture

James W.

I knew it! GLB, you definitely blew your cover--you're unquestionably a lib. You corrected someones spelling--that's a dead giveaway. It's not that others don't know how to spell. We understand that people make mistakes.
1322485957

Eagle's picture

Eagle

GLB is a liar. It's such an old played out liberal tactic to pretend to be a republican that's going against the grain. My guess is he's a 24 year old fifth year psychology major.
1322484624

dsmith's picture

dsmith

Finally an individual who is not a sheep to the Hollywood slave system.I'm sure Hollywood will now promptly turn their backs on such a great actor, because he's not following the liberal line.Hollywood - the original groupthink, herd mentality high school dropouts.
1322484755

Trendyphobe's picture

Trendyphobe

I've also now developed a newfound affection for Mickey. I totally agree with his rebuke, "Screw all the people who don't like him."
1322484726

hartwell's picture

hartwell

I couldn't have said it better myself.Mickey has and has had a pretty amazing movie career. I don't think he is as high fying as the very top ten but he certainly is no slouch in the way of movies and roles.
1322484625

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

Dear,dear Glassa,You have accused us Liberals of being hate mongers and bigots,but the funny thing is,you are doing the very same things you accuse US of doing! Go back and read your posts,they are filled with anger and hatred toward US. You people claim to love America,but you belittle, bash,and HATE over half of it. Look who's calling the kettle black! I think the word HYPOCRITE suits YOU just fine! LOL
1322484756

fairybee's picture

fairybee

What a guy! I love you, Mickey! It's a rare Hollywood celeb to express their true political feelings without jumping on the Limousine liberal bandwagon. Mickey, you are courageous and great! I always like your acting, too.
1322485870

rp2006's picture

rp2006

sort of like babs streisand, rob reiner, etc etc.....hey at least he had classes in college,
1322484674

claspur's picture

claspur

Rourke's great....All you anti-War liberals are beyond pathetic, I look at you people as enemies with-in this nation.It's good, but funny what's happened last Friday busting those terrorists, up in,and-around Toronto.Maybe this will wake those Liberal FNs-up finally? I doubt it though.Anyone that poses an anti-War stance on you, just mark them down on paper as: "Pro Head-Lopper." Then we'll deal with them in short order.... :o)
1322484208

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

benkingadams,Go to snopes.com. It will debunk all this Lush Limpball tripe you posted in here.
1322485989

truth_hurts's picture

truth_hurts

Lets see--Bill Gates--richest man in the world--liberalWarren Buffet--2nd richest man in the world--liberalUniversity Professors--mostly liberalWhere is the Law that says repiglicans can't be college professors or make movies---oh yeah, you have to be intelligent or have creativity.Dale Ernhardt--I am an idiot--republicanToby Keith--I think Iraq is responsible for 911--republicanMid-western trailer trash Idiots who can't read or write--republicanNational Debt at 5 trillion when W took office--5 and 1/2 short years later--it is over 9 trillion---thanks conservative repiglicans.
1322486082

glassa

"I think that if you read the posts, you will see that it really does not matter how you vote because we have a two party system that DOES not represent the people anymore."AMEN brother! The illegal immigration issue proves that.
1322486047

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

GLB (5) posted on 05/06/2006 18:07 comments: southren girl, Most people spell "southern" with the "e" before the "r". Yes, she is, Patriotic,uninformed and Proud to be stupid,inbred, and illiterate. The GOP will be counting on her vote in November.Hey, your manufacturing job maybe sent overseas, the brave members of the military dieing in Bush's war in Iraq, you and the rest of the middle class will be saddled with the Deficit that is owed to China, and the Illegals are overrunning your town, but the Gays MUST BE STOPPED FROM MARRYING...good to see Red State America has their priorities straight and the best interests of the country at heart. As the country burns that BRAVE NERO in the White House fiddles away.
1322483872

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

This smalltime tough guy should show his try allegiance to the Texas half wit and his half baked and failed policy and get his tough talking MOB Wanna be Keester to his local recruiter to sign up to serve immediately. Hey, it ain't like their beating down the door with movie roles. If he doesn't he's nothing,but a "five deferment Dick Cheney CHICKENHAWK"... Like most Republican Flagwavers.So why are we in Iraq this week????
1322485872

aggie's picture

aggie

Let's face it, we had 2 choices, either fight the terrorists in Iraq or here in the USA. Bush did the right thing and Mickey is my hero for standing up next to the President.
1322483518

James W.'s picture

James W.

It's an involuntary reflex. Hey GLB, if I ring a bell will you begin to drool?(Ring! Ring!)(Slobber....slobber...)
1322484729

my two cents's picture

my two cents

DAMN, THIS BITCH LOOKS LIKE LIBERACE WITH HIS BAD PLASTIC SURGERY! .
1322484528

I love America's picture

I love America

First to that Joe "Richard Head", wait til the Islamics radicals eat one of your loved ones for lunch and then let's see who was right all along....the libs once again are in an ideal state of denial.Mickey is my new favorite celeb.....at least he has the "Cohones" to voice his opinion in his lib industry....Go Mic GO !!!!!!
1322484471

rourkelosttoomanyboxingmatches's picture

rourkelosttooma...

Hold your bladders, 101st Fighting Keyboarders! President Bush and his GWOT need you for one more round of elections! If you piss all over yourselves in terror and blow up all the brownskins that coincidentally are NOT Osama been forgotten, before the next elections, who's gonna be full of enough piss and vinegar to do the real manly work that lies ahead?
1322485846

Parley's picture

Parley

Gotta love Mickey! I always think of Nine 1/2 Weeks and the sexcapades he had with Kim Basinger and then I like to contrast that with King Liberal Idiot, Alec Baldwin, and how he BEAT the CRAP out of Kim in real life!What a JERK!Liberals are LOSERS. You GO, Mickey!!!!
1322486142

GLB

huskers1,You poor dumb slob. You just don’t get it do you? What do you think we’ve accomplished in Iraq that makes us safer from terrorism? Wouldn’t it be nice to have all those military resources available for something other than nation-building?And don’t post anything here again until you run it through spell-check.
1322483701

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: glassa (10) posted on 05/06/2006 23:53 comments: "Dale Ernhardt--I am an idiot--republican Toby Keith--I think Iraq is responsible for 911--republican Mid-western trailer trash Idiots who can't read or write--republican" Oh, more "tolerance" from the left! BIGOT!!!!!!! Sorry to tell you this,but it has been verified and proven by the use of INTELLIGENT DESIGN that the farther South you go the lower the IQ get's,there is a direct correlation with incest and country music listening, as well as, those of lower intellect are more likely to support the GOP and believe that FOX NEWS is the voice of GOD. Just thought you'd like to know.So why are we in Iraq this week and WHO WOULD JESUS KILL????
1322485186

bannedintheUSA's picture

bannedintheUSA

This country is f**ked!Lies, lies, lies, and the idiots that believe them.I remember Santa Clause. I remeber Santa as being real, then I realized he was a lie at around 8 years old. Is this an American problem where we are willfully gullible, like elementary school children, who believe in the tooth-fairy? Why do you maniacs blindly believe your "leaders" when you encounter lies day after day in your most mundane daily experiences? Could it be that you people don't know or care about what is real/truth anymore? Why do you shrug off childhood LIES about Santa Clause and The tooth fairy as "cute deceptions to invigorate childhood imagination".We have been deceived since we have been born. All the lies told to us since we can remember, we first, recognize then are free to think about said lie and why we believed in it in the first place. This doesn't end at a certain age. We are constantly being lied to and it takes a strong mind to reject these lies to uncover the truth. It's really scary what some of you people think. The division in this country is getting wider and wider. I will be making plans to leave this country because I know where it is heading. I feel sorry for the people that have blindly followed authority and power in all aspects of life within asking questions. You are the ones that are going to suffer the most. Good luck.
1322485436

DSSOEFOIFVET's picture

DSSOEFOIFVET

If I may.......I'm just returning home to this great country once again after serving in OEF/OIF. I've read all the previous posts and I have to say.....I'm truely saddened by the way some people think about what we are doing and the way we think about our present situation. Yes, the military is probably 80-85% republican voters. They support their President. They stand by his decisions and the leadership. This doesn't mean that they don't disagree on occasion and take exception to some of the tactics. People, we are at war. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Mine is my own. I serve my country in the way I see fit and not anyone of you can take that away from me or my family. Myself and the other fine men and women of our armed forces put our lives on the line and our families through hell. It's the choices that we've made and most of us wouldn't have it any other way. I take great honor and pride knowing that I've had the opportunity to serve my country. With that said, the units and people that I serve and have served with all beleive in what we are doing. Yes, it's not 100% but I can say it's damn close. To those that disagree, atleast they are there and doing what they signed on the dotted line for. For all you people here at home , if you haven't served and been in the sand or mountains of hell, shut-up!!! You have no voice for the military people. You can't possibly know what we go through or what we think. And your best-friends 3rd cousin from Podunk, Arkansas that knows somebody who was there don't count. For those people that have served but haven't been there, (GLB), just because "your" unit made it there, without you I might add, doesn't mean that they don't believe in what they are doing. But I'm sure a thorough fellow such as yourself did a comprehensive and exhaustive phone survey, with a +3 - -3 error factor, and found that all your like minded buddies were hating life because the AF is going to a 4-5 month rotation instead of 3. Ouch....Sorry. I just hope that the American people, the fickle bunch that we are, doesn't forget what happened almost 5 years ago and start to think that it's not worth it.......
1322484529

truth_hurts's picture

truth_hurts

Hey John,It is interesting that all of the people you mentioned--stalin, mao, etc all have one thing is common--guess what it is---they all did the same thing you, w, and all rethiglicans are trying to do---Demonize the Press, Universities, and anyone who speaks out against the government. I love how rethiglican claim that we live in a country where free speach is allowed--but as soon as someone says something they don't like---that person becomes, what was it again--oh yeah, UnAmerican, traitor, etc. I would suggest you read the constitution, and the bible.
1322486143

budman's picture

budman

I'm glad to see the whiney liberals are being shouted down three to one on the website.Mickey Rourke is obviously smart enough to remember that its US that got attacked on 9/11. Its US that are trying to save the world from these terrorists, yet again the USA is at the forefront. We are the only SUPER POWER that stands for GOOD against EVIL.Do you guys remember WW1? How About WW2? every heard of Adolf Hitler? he's one evil man, think of him multiplied by one million! This is the war we are currently fighting. These people have took the Koran and bent it, twisted it and mutilated it to serve their purpose. The extremeist Muslims want Islam to be the only religion in the world! Is that American!?!You libs better wake up, or you won't be able to not worship, they will make you pledge your self to Islam!
1322485363

glassa

"So, following your argument to its (il)logical conclusion: When do we invade Haiti, China, Iran, North Korea, etc?"I never said we need to invade more countries. What I said was, if you REALLY care about human rights, then it should NOT matter if Bush lied about WMD. Saddam did unspeakable things to the Iraqi people. Liberals pretend to care about human rights, but it's all a lie. If they cared, they wouldn't be so pissed about an "illegal war" since Saddam's treatment was surely even more illegal. Do you care about your hatred for Bush more than Iraqi human rights? If you do, you have a real problem. If you do, you're one of the most selfish people on Earth! And, I'm convinced all these liberals are this selfish.
1322484038

Poughquag boy's picture

Poughquag boy

Sorry to hear about the 17 or so civilians in Iraq that were supposodely murdered by our troops who get shot at every day by men hiding behind women and childres. By the way could we have the name and address's of the thousands murdered by the enemy. Mickey do not worry the left will do whatever it can to reelect a lefty. When that happens Ancient Rome becomes a reality here.
1322485993

GLB

Romes,Please list your unit, dates of service and the locations where you served in IRAQ. IF you served, you're not a chicken-hawk; you're a hawk with more morale authority than anyone posting here.
1322484319

GLB

Paladin, Zeus and the rest of you chickenhawks...WHASUP?
1322485277

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: glassa ( 8) posted on 05/06/2006 18:57 comments: Joe, Reagan gave those weapons to Saddam so he could defeat the Iranians. What he actually did with them is NOT our fault.You don't fault the city for supplying the cop a gun if he uses it for murder.Again, your own hatred is incredibly important to you. That's what I love about you brainwashed and loving supporters of our AWOL fearless leader, since all that he put forth as fact and truth has been found to be WRONG or A LIE...you have a handy excuse.So why are we in Iraq this week??? Where are those WMD that Rummy swore he knew where they were??Let's here some more GOP excuses!PS I'm no Liberal!! I'm a gun owning FREE THINKING AMERICAN that unlike you brainwashed members of the REPUBLICAN ATTACK MACHINE am able to think for myself and see and smell BS when I am being fed it...wake up!!!
1322485849

James W.'s picture

James W.

Yeah, well a "Thinkingperson" could probably come up with something a little more original than Bushmonkey after 5+ years of Bush-bashing. Here's one for you...Bush-Hitler. Oh, that's taken too. What about Chimp?Aaahh, you bore me.
1322485636

Romes944's picture

Romes944

GLB, you have never served this country in any worthy capacity.. and you have never voted Republican. You're a commie liberal through and through. Mickey has nuts... you dont.signed,A proud "chickenhawk" that HAS served in IRAQ.
1322484374

mcjaxon's picture

mcjaxon

Can't you just see Russ the Valley Boy with his hand on his hip saying "'like' a third rate celebrity." These guys are easily controlled by Hollywood and New York.Bush has a tough job no thanks to a Clintonian controlled CIA--WMDs. Rourke understands...He knows what it is like to be crapped on.
1322484704

mangust's picture

mangust

Bravo, Mr. ROURKE!There are just a few like you. My Respect.
1322483651

James W.'s picture

James W.

Well GLB... is a reflex "usually" involuntary, or is it just involuntary?Here's some help for you:"In general, nerve function is dependent on both sensory and motor fibers, sensory stimulation evoking motor response. Even the autonomic system is activated by sensory impulses from receptors in the organ or muscle. Where especially sensitive areas or powerful stimuli are concerned, it is not always necessary for a sensory impulse to reach the brain in order to trigger motor response. A sensory neuron may link directly to a motor neuron at a synapse in the spinal cord, forming a reflex arc that performs automatically. Thus, tapping the tendon below the kneecap causes the leg to jerk involuntarily because the impulse provoked by the tap, after traveling to the spinal cord, travels directly back to the leg muscle. Such a response is called an INVOLUNTARY reflex action. "BTW, someone who has learned to type is considered to be using a conditioned reflex. I don't believe typing is involuntary.If it's good enough for an encyclopedia, it's good enough for me.
1322484630

Smokey++++++++++++++++++++++++'s picture

Smokey+++++++++...

You shouldn't comment on this unless you have voted. People too lazy to vote have no right to comment about politicians...
1322485135

James W.'s picture

James W.

DSSOEFOIFVET, thank you for your service. I'm a veteran of GWI... I'm sorry we weren't allowed to finish the job for you.
1322486021

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: James W. (7) posted on 05/06/2006 20:44 comments: Truth hurts, Bush lied? Well, quit speculating and prove it finally. Impeach the man. It should be easy with all that "evidence" that you've collected. Don't worry that is the plan as soon as we $H**CAN the Republican majority that stonewalls all investigations into this lying Scumbag and his failed Admin.Since you Right Wingnuts are so good at voter fraud and stealing elections I think it would be in your best interests to start hacking the code for those DIEBOLD voting machines now otherwise get ready to see this AWOL Chickenhawk and his Admin go down in flames come Nov.Oh yeah, how does it feel to be in the Minority now?HAHAHAHAHA!!!
1322484656

behonestwith us's picture

behonestwith us

I personally don't think Bush is a bad person but for all of you to claim ignorance on the Iraq issue and insist it was the right thing to do (knowing what we know today)you are all part of the great sin. What makes me laugh is how you Bush-bots bring up 911 when someone mentions the Iraq war. This is the height of stupidity/blind-following or better still "dummy". I am not too worried about this issue because the truth always comes out. A good majority of the people know now but some of you are still so indenial that when the truth finally sees you in the face, it would be impossible to salvage yourselves at that point..My Fellow Americans! let's be honest here. Iraq was an honest mistake but let's fix it!!!!!
1322485387

pestman's picture

pestman

He is a Great Man that has the GUTS to tell the liberals, fags, socialists, commies to go to HELL.Hard to find people that will put there name to support our President.We don't speak other language,s because of people likeour President.
1322484321

mso88's picture

mso88

GOOD GOIN' MICKEY!IT'S ALWAYS GREAT TO SEE A HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY WITH THE COURAGE AND CHARACTER TO STAND UP FOR THE PRESIDENT.THE HYPNOTIC, BLIND OBSESSION OF THE ANTI-BUSH CROWD DURING WARTIME BORDERS ON TREASON...THEY SHOULD GO INTO EXHILE LIKE ALEC BALDWIN... ARE YOU STILL HERE???
1322484597

1322484705

RussBBinVegas@aol.com's picture

RussBBinVegas@a...

Wasn't this guy like a has-been actor like 10 yrs ago? I just love third-rate "celebrities" who think anyone cares about their unformed crypto-fascist opinions.
1322484008

James W.'s picture

James W.

Truth hurts,Those "people" (I understand what you meant) I mentioned didn't just demonize the press and universities--they controlled them. Those who showed there displeasure with the government too openly, often did not survive to do it a second time. Are you honestly trying to equate a conservative Republican (who recognizes and is willing to point out the liberal bias in the media and universities), with Stalin and Mao ( murderers of countless innocent)? I have no problem with people saying things that I don't agree with, it's just many of the positions that the left take concerning the defense of the USA, DO indeed support the enemy--intentionally, or not. There are also those on the left that openly, many more privately I'm sure, wish for an American defeat in Iraq. Yes, I do consider that anti-American and treason.Bush lied? Well, quit speculating and prove it finally. Impeach the man. It should be easy with all that "evidence" that you've collected.Isn't that just rich...a lib telling someone to read the constitution and the bible. You've gotta luv it!Take it easy. I'm going to watch a Rourke film.
1322485936

rourkelosttoomanyboxingmatches's picture

rourkelosttooma...

glassa comments:If you care about human rights, then it shouldn't matter if Bush lied about WMD or not. Unless you are a selfish hypocrit, Bush's "lies" about WMD SHOULD NOT MATTERAre you out of your freakin' mind?Take a lie start a war, do it today, its okay.I really believe from the numbers that even the president has quoted (months ago, he said some 30,000 Iraqis had been killed and since it's gotten a lot worse....) that we have WAY outdone anything Saddam did. Collateral damage while we're saving them, right?I am stunned that you think that its okay for the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES to lie about a reason for our men and women to go to war, commit the country and our soldiers to that war, and then make up a new reason for it that makes it all cozy nice and heroic for all our dead military men and women that he SCREWED out of a life, when his original bet didn't work out.How do you define democracy? Have the terrorists scared you so badly that you want to give it up? Its people like you that are allowing our soldiers to be used and KILLED for political gain. I really hate what you stand for.Sheesh. LEAVE MY COUNTRY ALONE!
1322486147

GLB

James WWhich is why I used the qualifier "usually". Sorry I made you go dig out the encyclopedia...you could have just asked me.
1322483823

glassa

"Dale Ernhardt--I am an idiot--republicanToby Keith--I think Iraq is responsible for 911--republicanMid-western trailer trash Idiots who can't read or write--republican"Oh, more "tolerance" from the left! BIGOT!!!!!!!
1322484043

Paladin's picture

Paladin

Wow...that joe smoe is a smart guy! He can put together what he believes to be putdowns, like "Red State flag-wavers."The sad truth is, joe, most of us "Red State flag-wavers" (I live in New York) DO know folks serving their country in Iraq and Afghanistan. I know too many. I put in my time; many of my friends are still there. My heart breaks every time I hear that another soldier has died.But you know what? Unlike you, I don't pretend to support the troops to push an anti-America agenda. And I don't promote silliness like bringing back the draft, when an all-volunteer army has proved so much more effective, AND recruiting/retention goals are being met.Tell us, joe, what do you do for a living? Are you a college professor? A teacher? C'mon...we've got you and your buddy GLB figured out. You both hate America. You WANT this country to lose. You feel guilty for having life so good, in no small part because you haven't done a damn thing to earn it yourself (as opposed to, say, veterans). You don't like George W. Bush because he actually stands for something, and has all the principle that Bill Clinton lacked. And it eats you up inside.But that's okay, joe. After all, you can keep going into cyberspace and attacking the administration, attacking the war, and pretending to "support the troops" by calling for them to surrender.You're a hell of a guy, joe.
1322484556

TAINTED's picture

TAINTED

Hey folks, very very entertaining. I just want to say that I do not consider myself either left or right, Rebub or Dem. I purely try to go by common sense. Common sense would seem to dictate that the days of conventional war are over. We cannot just go and bomb the hell out of Iraq because of the civilian population. Would most of the military people agree with this statement? Common sense would dictate that our administration would take into fact that this region is still pissed over the cursades (did you really think the Iraqi people wanted to be saved by Christian Westerners?). I think that if you read the posts, you will see that it really does not matter how you vote because we have a two party system that DOES not represent the people anymore. Look at what's going on Sheeple, wake the hell up! At this rate, we're all screwed, Dems, Repubs, gays, ect.
1322484044

ARMY_SGM's picture

ARMY_SGM

One so called Air Force veterans on this board states that most service members do not want to be in Iraq.Let me say something I am an Active ARMY Soldier, who’s been to Iraq twice and am reading for my third rotation there. I have two sons who are also in the ARMY and have both been there.I also interact with thousands of soldiers and can honestly say that those who do not support our president and don’t want to be in Iraq are less than a 1% minority. The same percentage we had in peace time that could never become soldiers and regretted joining and played the “conscientious objector” card.No President has ever been perfect or near it. In hindsight to worldly events the anti-Bush’s are having a ball in the media. Just imagine if it had been Gore or even Kerry who won the elections, we would be in much bigger trouble.I and 99% of the U.S. Armed Services are 100% behind our Commander in Chief and want to successfully complete our mission in IRAQ.Liberal Hollywood and the liberal media have cost us enough US military lives in Iraq and Afghanistan!
1322483682

GLB

James W,You're getting kind of redundant (that means "repeating yourself"). Reflexes usually are involuntary.I admire your spunk though...keep trying and you'll eventually put together a coherent thought without any spelling or grammatical errors.
1322485572

glassa

"that we have WAY outdone anything Saddam did."Um, sorry to burst your bubble. The numbers of deaths Saddam was directly responsible for range in the upper 300,000s. I remember one former Iraqi on the radio saying Saddam himself was a WMD. But, his words mean nothing to people who don't care about the Iraqis (unless they can use it to bash Bush & hate the US).I never said it was OK to lie. All I said was either you care about human rights, or you do not. You can't pretend to care about Darfur, then completely ignore the stuff Saddam did."for all our dead military men and women that he SCREWED out of a life"Despite what you think, Bush didn't FORCE anyone to join the military. If anything, they screwed themselves by joining. Btw, I love how you're trying to squirm your way out of looking like a selfish hypocrit who only cares for human rights when it serves your purpose. You can't get away from it though. It's a FACT!
1322484088

luvbach1's picture

luvbach1

"Where are those WMD that Rummy swore he knew where they were??"I read (from multiple sources, including an Iraqi general) that the Russians helped Saddam move the WMDs to Syria shortly before the war began. How did you manage to miss that?
1322485705

my two cents's picture

my two cents

TOO MUCH DRUGS AND BOOZE, TOO MANY TIMES GETTING YOUR HEAD BASHED IN THE BOXING RING. IT MAKES PEOPLE CRAZY AND SUPPORT BUSH. ROURKE IS INSANE .
1322485911

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

Lets see now....We are in a war we were lied to about and it's in total chaos,the debt is through the roof,millions of people are without health care,10's of thousands or maybe even more have lost their jobs due to the hiring of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS and out sourcing,we have more homeless people than ever before,the gas prices are sky high,which makes everything else go up,people are losing their homes because they can't make the payments as well as their cars,we have warmongers running this country who could flip the switch at any moment,we are hated and laughed at world wide,Osama Bin Forgotten is still running loose.......I could go on and on and on....and what does our fearless leader and his shameless phony religous followers want to dwell on?Republicans plan controversial votes on gay marriage, flag burningBy James KuhnhennKnight Ridder NewspapersWASHINGTON - When President Bush beat John Kerry in 2004, Republicans said a ballot initiative in Ohio to ban gay marriage sealed the election, drawing legions of conservatives to the polls.Bush and Republican senators now will seek another dose of conservative magic to embolden their party's base. Call it nostalgia - or election-year jitters.In Saturday's radio address, Bush will urge support for a national ban on gay marriage. A meeting Monday at the White House with opponents of gay marriage will follow, then a full-blown debate and vote in the Senate on a constitutional amendment to limit marriage to the union of a man and a woman.Next, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., wants votes on two perennial conservative causes: repealing the estate tax and giving Congress the constitutional authority to ban flag burning.None of the measures is expected to pass, though the estate tax debate could yield a compromise that applies the tax only to the largest inheritances. http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/14728383.htm Yeah,that's right folks! Git them there "gays" before it ruins my hetrosexual marriage and when's the last time someone burned the American flag? PLEASE,PLEASE PLEASE,DEAR GOD.......get these idiots out of the people's house and restore SANITY in there again!
1322484512

glassa

"direct correlation with incest and country music listening, as well as, those of lower intellect are more likely to support the GOP and believe that FOX NEWS is the voice of GOD"Well, aren't you special, you little hatemongering intolerant bigot?
1322483732

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

DSSOEFOIFVETBbbbbbut I thought you good repukeliKKKan troops were fighting for our FREEDOM....and yet you are telling us to SHUT UP if we don't agree with a neo-con fascist regime or didn't serve ??? ANOTHER rightwing nut lying his ass off.Why am I not surprised?
1322485139

GLB

Paladin, Zeus, et al,Yes, my unit has been over there since the invasion. There are only two Combat Communications Groups in the AF (the 3rd and the 5th) The 3rd CCG has been there since the invasion. Now this is where it gets complicated...so pay close attention: The personnel WITHIN the 3rd rotate in-and-out. One squadron goes home and is replaced by another. The equipment stays and is always operated by personnel from one of the four squadrons assigned to the 3rd.Paladin, Paladin, Paladin...you poor dumb f***. We both know that fighting words on bulletin boards are weak...no one ever gets together and fights. However, I live in Charleston SC and would be happy to meet you if you ever get out this way. Just add a post to this board so I'll know when and where.Now, let me give you some basics on the problems with this war:1. We are no longer determining how the war is fought...our invasion was a success because we decided the when-and-where. Right now all we do is "react" to attacks...usually after a soldier has been injured or killed.2. All our resources to fight terrorism are bogged down in Iraq. Wouldn't it be nice to use some of them to slap down the resurgence of the Taliban in Afghanistan? How about taking Osama out? How about the Islamic rebels down in Mindinou (Phillipines)?3. Why do you think Iran is talking so tough about its nukes? Why do you think the US finally offered to have direct talks with Iran? Why do you think Iran said "no' to these talks? Why do you think we've stopped yelling so loud at China about the size of their Defense budgets? The answer to all of the questions is that we've put all our eggs in one basket, and our enemies know that. There's no way we're going to open-up another front and bomb Iran's nuclear intentions the way Israel did to Iraq in the 80's.This war is a strategic mess. The vast majority of our military resources are sitting in a bassackwards country getting shot to s**t in a war that we no longer control. And if you think we're fighting terrorism over there so we don't have to fight it over here, then you're really on drugs. You've got every malcontent taxi driver from Cairo joining the Jihad in Iraq...which is much more accessible/doable than finding a way to the US.Out of curiosity, what would you define as victory in Iraq? All the people who could get out of the country did (professionals, doctors, engineers, etc), so it's doubtful there'll be a functioning infrastructure anytime soon. I hope you define it as Lebanon in the 80's, because that's what it's become.No problem with war...only this clusterf**k in Iraq.
1322485706

Paladin's picture

Paladin

The comment by GLB is typical of Leftist lies appearing on BBS postings around the Web.The problem is, it's a complete lie.He insinuates the following: "For the record: I'm an Air Force retiree (20 years), and a card-carrying Republican. My old unit has been over there since the invasion."I too am a veteran of a long military career.And I can assure anyone reading this that NO Air Force unit has been in-theater "since the invasion." GLB is merely trying to make insinuations that will make anyone reading his post reflexively flinch--after all, who would want to see US troops deployed for three straight years, without a break? (Not to enter into this discussion is what, precisely, the danger to Air Force personnel in this particular theater is.) Additionally, given the typical Leftist agitator language of GLB's post, I think his insinuation that he is a "card-carrying Republican" is, at best, questionable. (Incidentally, I'm a Republican myself, and they never gave me a card... Of course, this being cyberspace, I could claim to be anything, as GLB has done to "bolster" his "arguments.")Sorry, GLB, your post doesn't hold water. Oh, and GLB, plenty of supporters of the war, like myself, ain't chicken-hawks. 'course, if you'd like to find out how much of a chicken-hawk I am, I'm sure we could meet face-to-face somewhere...
1322485999

glassa

"Why do you worry so much about what Saddam did to his people when OUR OWN TROOPS are over there slaughtering and torturing those poor innocent men,women and children?"Why should it matter to you who's doing it, as long as it's getting done, eh? At least it's not your father/daughter/mother/brother who was being raped by Saddam's boys. So, why should you care?YOu just proved what an incredibly selfish & hateful person you are."HITLER bu$h goes around holding hands with them and doing PHOTO-OPS"Do you even have a clue what was done during the Holocaust? Do you even realize that by comparing Bush to Hitler you are BELITTLING the horrors the Jews went through?I doubt you care.If you can really compare any politican in this country to Hitler, then you are SORELY in need of a History lesson.
1322485113

vegas999's picture

vegas999

Thanks Mickey and by the way, how could they leave the POPE off the list when it was one of the best movies ever made. Richard Genco, BelAir, Md.
1322483567

NewSilkTradeRoute's picture

NewSilkTradeRoute

High profile Hollywood does not make one a good actor.Look at the majority of the movie bombs from the last few months of high profile liberal actors.Gary Sinise has organized many contributions to Operation Iraqi Children...is his career not up to your secs either?What have you smug liberals done lately to promote help to the needy?
1322486234

glassa

"We are in a war we were lied to about"I will say it again...Unless you are a selfish hypocrit, Bush's "lies" about WMD SHOULD NOT MATTER, if you care about human rights!!!Saddam Hussein was a monster who did hideous things to those people. And the liberals here, they don't care. They only care about whether Bush lied or not.I am convinced that if liberals had their way, they'd rather have the Iraqis back under the regime of Hussein being tortured again...just so they could get back at Bush.You liberals are nothing but hatemongers!
1322483633

glassa

"can take time out of his busy schedule working at Starbucks to declare his loyalty to the most heinous, lying, murderous criminal regime to ever occupy the Whitehouse"Hmm, what about Saddam's heinous, murderous, criminal regime? I guess you don't care. You're own hatred for one man is more important to you than the human rights of the Iraqi people. Shame!
1322484659

Bil's picture

Bil

Alec slept with Kim for real - now, who's the loser? As for Rourke, he tried to be a pro boxer several years ago. Obviously it didn't take long or many punches to cause what is obvious brain damage. At least his mental issues have physical causes. Unlike the born stupid Bush supporter.
1322484842

thinkingperson_not_bushmonkey's picture

thinkingperson_...

I've stated since 2001 that ITS name is george w. MONKEY and now 2/3rds of americans are seeing that george w. MONKEY is EXACTLY THAT.But then there are the remaining rightwing reactionary s**t-FOR-BRAINS (isn't the terms "rightwing reactionary" and "s**t-for-brains" redundant?) still out there that are physically capable of seeing george w. MONKEY BEING EXACTLY THAT but then again that's why they ARE rightwing reactionary s**t-FOR-BRAINS (isn't the terms "rightwing reactionary" and "s**t-for-brains" redundant?).
1322485391

glassa

"Yes, she is, Patriotic,uninformed and Proud to be stupid,inbred, and illiterate"More tolerance from the left, huh? Liberals are the biggest bigots around when it comes to people who don't agree with them. Celebrate diversity...of thought!
1322484168

James W.'s picture

James W.

Ooops...I should have said "conditioned reflex."
1322485677

luvbach1's picture

luvbach1

Re WMDSWhat a dead horse! I read from multiple sources, including an Iraqi general, that the Russians helped Saddam move the WMDs to Syria just before the war befan. How could you "progressives" have missed that?
1322484910

William T's picture

William T

Radical departure from blind faith liberilism is rishy for a Hollywood type. It takes courage today to stand against the prevaling unjdertow - Bush bashing.It's so fashionable to be among the trend setting movement of inlightened intellectuals who have declared our President unworthy of office.It would be similar to a collae professor telling his /her students that WWII was fought to preserve our freedom. The professor would likely be ostracized and labled a hate monger.But again we don't have to wory about an outbreak of courage amongst liberals.It does not take courage to jump on a bandwagon being driven by the liberals gods... Their idols in the intertainment industry.So an actor supports the President.I'm sure conservatives look at this as nothing more than a rarity among a group of people who's influenceis left to those seeking tabliod headlines.Let the liberals stand with their Hollywood gods.Thanks Micky .. conservatives are able to make up their own minds..
1322484710

GLB

glassa,So, following your argument to its (il)logical conclusion: When do we invade Haiti, China, Iran, North Korea, etc?
1322484961

DSSOEFOIFVET's picture

DSSOEFOIFVET

James W. respect and honor to you. We all do the best we can and work with what we have. We will finish the fight........
1322484580

jd's picture

jd

"smalltime tough guy"I guess that makes you just smalltime.
1322485259

dchristie's picture

dchristie

It's nice to see Mickey can take time out of his busy schedule working at Starbucks to declare his loyalty to the most heinous, lying, murderous criminal regime to ever occupy the Whitehouse. It's quite sad really. Mickey's career is so far down the crapper that he has to resort to this for attention. But, then again, Mickey's acting "skills" were never a factor in leading to his notoriety. What fame and notoriety he has ever had simply flowed from his reputation as a brain-dead thug, dope taking scumbag and overall degenerate. So his comments are certainly no surprise as it's no surprise who his idols are. He should team up with Dennis Miller. I hear he's selling cars in Bakerfield which pays a lot more than Mickey's making as a barista.
1322486095

Goodbye Natalie's picture

Goodbye Natalie

You'll note that our fellow "progressive posters" have yet to answer my question concerning their continued use of the word "chickenhawk" for anyone supporting the war but not serving. How lib...can't answer the question, ignore it.If Republicans are chickenhawks as you so describe, how come the military continues to vote overwhelming Republican? Are they just that gullible? That dumb? That easily misled by the King Chickenhawk?There will be plenty of time to spit on the vets upon their arrival of another American win libs...with, or without you.
1322484962

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

Glassa, Why do you hate America? Why do you worry so much about what Saddam did to his people when OUR OWN TROOPS are over there slaughtering and torturing those poor innocent men,women and children? IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9-11. Those terrorists came from SAUDI ARABIA and even after they killed our people on 9-11 HITLER bu$h goes around holding hands with them and doing PHOTO-OPS!!!You people are too stupid to understand anything......that's why you support the IDIOT IN THIEF!The little bu$h kid who sat on his ass when we were being attacked reading "My Pet Goat" to the little kiddies proves he has the mind of a CHILD. A REAL leader would have excused himself and left that school IMMEDIATELY and would have DONE HIS JOB making sure we were secured. All that idiot can accomplish is falling off his bike and choking on pretzels. Stupid non-leader....stupid sheep. It's amazing wht people like you bu$h voters have done to this once great country.Yeah......mission accomplished....what a freakin joke.
1322485884

zeus70's picture

zeus70

Dont you just love the liberals that try to appear to be veterans. Thankfully, they always make a telltale mistake i.e. "my unit's been over there since the invasion". LIE!Air Force units rotate in and out much more frequently than Army and Marine units. I cannot stand a liar - especially one that lies about being a veteran. There is a special place in hell for someone like that.But, I digress. Hooray for Mickey!Its nice to see some counter-balance to the daily diatribe from the pinko lefties in Hollywierd. I honestly think some of the more vocal anti-war supporters are just trying to revive their pathetic acting/singing careers. Thanks Mickey, I'll go see your movies. I've vowed to never see an "smart"-Alec Baldwin film ever again. He's a communist. Hyperbole intended.Btw, I am a vet. 6+ years in the Army - 501st MI BN and then the 313th MI BN. So there!
1322483992

mesndblues's picture

mesndblues

Good man!!!
1322484538

huskers1's picture

huskers1

GLB;Spell-checking is for you idiots who actually have forgotten what it means to be self-sufficient, literate, and....uhhh edgu-macated..I forgot, sorry. You're still a puss for only having done 20 in the AIR-FARCE..maroon.Exactly what is it that makes you think you have the answers? If you thinnk we've even come close to "using all of our military resources" than thats why you're a twenty year man..you never could get past your Sgts test could you airman
1322485075

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: James W. (7) posted on 05/06/2006 20:44 comments: Truth hurts, There are also those on the left that openly, many more privately I'm sure, wish for an American defeat in Iraq. Yes, I do consider that anti-American and treason. Hey..Slackjaw, if that is the case what of the Idiots that too us there with bad Intel and then screwed up the job after the Invasion. Does incompetence and stupidity fall under your definiton of TREASON??? In your fearless leaders world anyone who screws up gets a PROMOTION or a MEDAL!!!!I know...YOUR A RED STATER..."PROUD TO BE GULLIBLE, UNINFORMED AND STUPID"!!!!So...WHO WOULD JESUS KILL???
1322483656

OrientNYC's picture

OrientNYC

Hey Joe Smoe...MRourke is nothing compared to that genius Sean Penn, right?? yeah....What a compelleing interview with Saddam....that was great stuff...why don't you join him on his next compelling interview..Kim Jong Il??? Maybe you guys could rifle thru KJI's kiddie porn collection.
1322484963

RW&B's picture

RW&B

Kudos Mickey! Its not much to say that you support the President I say it all the time...but to say screw the rest. Thats a different story. Way to go Rourke!
1322485076

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

No problem with war...only this clusterf**k in Iraq.GLBSo there you have ti my uninformed friends from a person that is much more informed than you! If all of you would have taken into consideration what the effect would be on the members of our military before you swallowed this Admins reasons for the war, before the war...HOOK LINE AND SINKER, these brave souls wouldn't be paying the price for this Admin poor planning and your overall lack of being uninformed. Time to go back to Fox News for a fresh set of lies to spout.But hey, the Illegals are pouring across the borders, Afghan. is in the process of meltdown, Iraq is in Civil War, the Deficit is through the roof, Jobs are being sent overseas, foreclosures and bankruptcies are at record numbers, and gas prices are through the roof, Bush has been wrong about everything else ,but he is right about Iraq...RIGHT???Hey, no problem..just turn on Flush Limlard ( the draft Dodger) and see what today's GOP LINE is...war is easy when someone else does the fighting and dieing.
1322484328

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: aggie ( 1) posted on 05/06/2006 22:14 comments: Let's face it, we had 2 choices, either fight the terrorists in Iraq or here in the USA. No you face it that Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or Terrorism and everything to do about OIL and you don't know what your talking about. I'm sorry.. I know your a product of NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND. Besides that, get with the program that was the GOPs excuse for the war in Iraq last week.What is the reason for the war in Iraq this week and WHO WOULD JESUS KILL???
1322484998

Goodbye Natalie's picture

Goodbye Natalie

Hey JOE SMOE,If all of us Republicans are chickenhawks as you say, why's the military vote overwhelming Republican?Another nitwit comment from another godless lib.
1322486004

berryjuice's picture

berryjuice

ALL RIGHT, AN ACTOR THAT IS NOT AN IDIOT...
1322483659

huskers1's picture

huskers1

for the record GLB, you're a puss and thats why you were only a twenty year man in the air-farce. No-body wants to be shot at or be away from home.. ever. But you sure as hell dont hear them cryin like you just made it to seem either. Body-count my ass. There have been less American fighting men and women deaths than the entire 9/11 crime. OR would you call that a tragedy? I'll bet you dont find a connection between Saddam and terrorism either do you?
1322483737

RW&B's picture

RW&B

Yea uh-huh...another hard rocking republican! Truer words have never been spoken. You're alright in my book Mickey Rourke. Some of you guys in this stream are really hilarious.
1322484462

Joe Keister's picture

Joe Keister

Mickey's face resembles Bush's war policy.
1322485323

GLB

huskers1,You don't think the military is stretched to the max? Wow, you really are on drugs aren't you? BTW: Thanks for using the spell-check...I knew with a little effort you'd eventually get a coherent thought down. Simplistic, knee-jerk, and wrong, but coherent nonetheless. I'm proud of you boy!
1322485451

bu$h8ter's picture

bu$h8ter

I think the American people have finally had enough of republican rule...it's time for a change. Republicans do nothing but screw this country up,then leave their stinking mess for the Democrats to clean it up. You've got a moron in the WH who said he was going to "restore honor and integrity back in the WH" and he has been involved in more criminal activity and scandals than all Presidents combined. Republicans don't care about the poor people,their only concern is how to satisfy the fat cat donors that throw the thousands their way for their campaigns.I hate the way you people think you own God,wrap yourselves in the American flag and think you are the only ones who have and show patriotism.Our country is in sad,sad shape and we are hated world wide because of bush and his big mouth making threats against countries who are doing NOTHING to us. He runs his mouth like a school yard bully......".the big bad shoot-em up Texan" who couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.......he has to make everyone else fight his fights for him.He is a cold hearted murderer who is responsible for all our troops getting maimed and killed on a daily basis. I can't wait until this buffoon is out of office......an office that I and millions of other voters know he stole,not once,but TWICE. I pray everyday that the republican party will destroy itself so much that it will no longer exist. Keep it up,you are 3/4 of the way there now. Remember how you all squealed like pigs for the impeachment of President Clinton for a PERSONAL AFFAIR? Where are you hypocrites NOW? Why aren't you calling for the impeachment of bush? I hope and pray that idiot will get a blow job and then maybe he will be impeached. Oh wait.....republicans don't have to follow the rule of law.......only the Democrats do!Oh and BTW.....Mickey is as good an actor as bu$hitler is pRESIDENT! Nuff said.
1322485800

Striker's picture

Striker

Yeah for Mickey, it takes guts to stand up like that in Hollywierd. I am in Baghdad now and have been for 18months supporting the troops. Whoever says they do not want to be here have had just one to many hits off of the Hollywierd Crackpot Pipe. The only ones that are full of bull are the reporters that hold up in safe houses at the embassy or Al Rasheed and Palestine hotels. The other day when a CBS reporter was "critically" wounded she was one a sightseeing trip and wanted to see what the aftermath of a VBIED looked like. Unfortunately it cost the country a good Captain the father of two little girls and a fine Iraqi interpreter. Not a word about that. My how the media twist and turns. God Bless Mickey Rourke.
1322485862

fourx14's picture

fourx14

wow.Suddenly I'm a big fan of Mr. Rourke.I have to say that most of Hollywood has lost me for good for trashing Bush as they've done relentlessly since he came into office.Their political views have crept mightily into how I spend a $ now to see a movie.You'll not see me watching anything with Clooney,Penn,Baldwin,Dreyfus,Aniston,Garafaolo,Sarandon,Robbins,Streisand,Goldie Hawn,Reiner,Redford,Newman,etc., in it.I see them "acting" and can no longer get past what they've said publicly to get into the character they're portraying.They're all completely unbelievable to me now.Oh yeah...Danny Glover,too.What a wimp pacifist he is and look at the hard ass roles he plays.what a joke.Richard Gere,too.
1322484967

benkingadams's picture

benkingadams

I find this article very interesting and I believe more people should know about this...this should be on the front page news...of course, the major liberal networks will not show this, i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, and especially CNN!! What we need to do is fight the war unconventially. Aerosol pigs blood and spray it from the air, use paint balls with pigs blood, to secure borders, again, use pigs, pigs, pigs!! They are trying everything to kill us, lets kill them or at least let them know before they die, Allah will not accept them because of their "tainted" life due to the inhalation of and coverage of pigs blood. Plus, we will profit from new pig farms!!! Just a thought!! Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of>>information..........>>It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video>>of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the>>Reagan Administration.>>>>There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but>>what he said was stunning!>>>>He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to>>$60,000 for a home security system?">>>>Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir.">>>>The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't>>that just a little excessive?">>>>"No, sir," continued Ollie.>>>>"No? And why not?" the senator asked.>>>>"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.">>>>"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.>>>>"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.>>>>"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?">>>>"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.>>>>At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce>>it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people>>laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid >>of>>this man?" the senator asked.>>>>"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie>>answered.>>>>"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.>>>>"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be>>formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.">>>>The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown >>of>>the clip.>>>>>>By the way, that senator was Al Gore!>>>>Also:>>>>Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis>>captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the>>Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political>>prisoners.">>>>However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The>>American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State,>>Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.>>&nb! sp;>>Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an>>airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by >>many>>of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first>>identified.>>It was censored in the US from all later reports.>>>>If you agree that the American public should be made aware of this fact,>>pass this on.>>>>>>>>Do Not Break - it is 3 years strong>>>>>>>>>>This has not been broken since 9/11/01, please keep it going...>>This has been kept alive and moving since 9/11. In memory of all those who>>perished this morning; the passengers and the pilots on the United Air and>>AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and all>>the innocent bystanders. Our prayers go out to the friends and families of>>the deceased.>>>>>>Send this to at least 10 people to show your support.>>>>>>PLEASE DON'T BREAK IT!!!!!!>>>> _____>>>>No virus found in this incoming message.>>Checked by AVG Free Edition.>>Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.0/352 - Release Date: 5/30/2006>>>>_________________________________________________________________>Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! >http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
1322483554

DeadZone's picture

DeadZone

Too bad Mickey forgot one of the greatest lines he ever had when he was in A-List movies like BODY HEAT with William Hurt and Kathleen Turner. He could be counseling his friend George whos just committed the murder of 100,000 innocent civilians in Iraq... "Hey Georgie, listen up, whenever you commit a crime, there are 50 ways you can f*ck up. If you can think of 25 of em, your a genius, and Georgie, you aint no genius..."
1322484866

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

Lots of tough talk from you Red state flagwavers but I bet none of you know anyone serving. Americans in general have lost interest in Bush's Cluster in Iraq and know more about sales down at the local mall then they know how many of our guys got their asses shot off in a war that was supposed to be MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I geuss anyone is a liberal commie if they do what should have been done at the beginning of this mess by you flagwaving Red State Rubes...ie question it?Get your collective Bush supporting Keesters to your local Recruiters as he is tired of waiting for the Bush twins to sober up and show.So why are we in Iraq this week...flagwavers???I SAY...bring back the Draft and then we'll see how many of those young Republicans are supporting this Moron and his Mess in the desert.
1322484131

glassa

"What do you think we’ve accomplished in Iraq that makes us safer from terrorism?"Well, for one thing, I'm glad they're fighting them over there than in my backyard! Such a small little thing (sarcasm).You liberals are so busy accusing everyone else of being everything under the sun. Yet, you can't even see your own hatemongering and bigotry. It's so pathetic.
1322485452

steve53's picture

steve53

F### rourke, good actor but very stupid
1322485001

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: glassa (4) posted on 05/06/2006 18:43 comments: Hmm, what about Saddam's heinous, murderous, criminal regime? I guess you don't care. You're own hatred for one man is more important to you than the human rights of the Iraqi people. Shame! Would that be the same Saddam that Reagan/Bush1 (another corrupt GOP REGIME) supported back in the 80's supplying him with weapons to kill his own people with?? Would that be the same Reagan admin that sold weapons to Terrorists ie Iran???Good, to see that you GOP War lovers are up on your revissionist history. Oh that's right if it's not on Fox News it can't be true.
1322485266

JOE SMOE's picture

JOE SMOE

screen name: benkingadams ( 1) posted on 05/06/2006 19:04 comments: Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of>>information..........>>It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video>>of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the>>Reagan Administration.Would that be the same Ollie North that committed perjury before congress? Would that also be the same Reagan Admin that sold weapons to Terrorists ie Iran??? Would that be from the same Iran-Contra scandal that Bush1 pardoned all those guilty and lieing GOP Scumbags from???Just wondering???
1322484644

GLB

southren girl,Most people spell "southern" with the "e" before the "r".
1322484175

Terry's picture

Terry

I always knew Mickey was crazy. This just proves it.
1322485517

shadow27's picture

shadow27

I love watching movies but it has became increasingly hard to find a movie that does'nt star some liberal loud mouth. My hat is off to Micky Rourke and I am not suprised that he is a stand up guy for America. All the weak kneed anti war anti American bloviators just don't understand that freedom is not free. Just because you served in the military does not keep you from being ignorant about freedom.bk
1322485150

mellie0704's picture

mellie0704

JUST THINK THIS COMES FROM A ACTOR WITH TALENT!! PLUS HE IS RIGHT TO THE POINT. THANK YOU
1322484030

James W.'s picture

James W.

GLB,I have a much better example of "redundant."If I were to call someone a lying, anti-American, unpatriotic, communist, Stalinist, Maoist, Leninist, no-clue leftist...that would be redundant.Calling someone a leftist would be sufficient.
1322485083

southren girl's picture

southren girl

He's a real man, and I'm glad we have a real man in the White House!
1322484919

bedbug eddie's picture

bedbug eddie

Always liked Mickey's work, now I respect him more as a man. I'm so tired of hearing these "clever" Hollywood whiners think that their money gives them the right to dictate right from wrong. Madonna went from poor bimbo to rich holy woman. If you want to see the real Sean Penn, just watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Better dead than Democrat
1322486105

glassa

Good for him. At least he's not like these liberal self-righteous hypocrits who claim to care about human rights, but only when it serves their purpose.If you care about human rights, then it shouldn't matter if Bush lied about WMD or not. Either you care about human rights or you don't. You can't care about them for Darfur, but completely ignore the unspeakable things Saddam did to the Iraqi people.Mickey Rourke could give George Clooney a few lessons. Clooney is more concerned for his own hatred for Bush than he is for the human rights of the Iraqis.
1322484646

luvbach1's picture

luvbach1

Cut and run (and yes, that's what you libs want to do) and our troops will soon be back for a bigger war when a greater Iran takes over Iraq.
1322484567

GLB

I think you meant to say "someone's" spelling.
1322486135

GLB

James W.,ref: "Calling someone a leftist would be sufficient."I couldn't agree more.Thank God I'm a right-wing, republican, patriot.I just think this war is an unmitigated catastrophe and one of the most ill-conceived adventures this country has ever attempted.DSSOEFOIFVET,As I posted to "Romes944" earlier, only someone who has been there can speak authoritatively on the subject, and my hat is off to you.But I still don't buy the 9/11 connection and I don't think we're safer from terrorism than we were before Iraq was invaded.
1322484098

the mouse paw dot com's picture

the mouse paw d...

I knew why I've always liked Mickey...You tell em!!!
1322483979

eticketme's picture

eticketme

If by having some a name "Mickey Rouke" opens up some negitive or possitive news about the war Hollywood is in a sad state of affairs that shouldnt throw rocks. Good or bad Mickey is only one man, grow up Hollywood your not even a real city anyway.Say what you will He has balls
1322485152