Hollywood star BRAD PITT's anarchy-driven hunk TYLER DURDEN has been hailed
the coolest character in movie history.
Pitt's portrayal of the ultra-confident Durden in 1999's hit film FIGHT
CLUB opposite EDWARD FURLONG has been voted number one in British magazine
HOTDOG's countdown of the top 50 coolest characters.
JEFF BRIDGES landed second place for his part as laid-back hippy THE DUDE
in THE BIG LEBOWSKI, while masked STAR WARS villain DARTH VADER bagged third
place - thanks to a joint effort from DAVID PROWSE and JAMES EARL JONES..
PULP FICTION's articulate killer JULES WINFIELD - played by SAMUEL L
JACKSON - and cult star JOHN CUSACK's turn as hip hitman in GROSSE POINTE BLANK
complete the top five.
The top ten in full is as follows:
1. TYLER DURDEN (BRAD PITT) in FIGHT CLUB
2. THE DUDE (JEFF BRIDGES) in THE BIG LEBOWSKI
3. DARTH VADER (DAVID PROWSE/JAMES EARL JONES) in STAR WARS
4. JULES WINFIELD (SAMUEL L JACKSON) in PULP FICTION
5. MARTIN Q BLANK (JOHN CUSACK) in GROSSE POINTE BLANK
6. KAREN SISCO (JENNIFER LOPEZ) in OUT OF SIGHT
7. JEFF (CHOW YUN FAT) in THE KILLER
8. FERRIS BUELLER (MATTHEW BRODERICK) in FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
9. HAWKEYE PIERCE (DONALD SUTHERLAND) in M*A*S*H
10. FRANK BULLITT (STEVE McQUEEN) in BULLITT