Lee Died From Allergic Reaction
BRUCE LEE's former producer RAYMOND CHOW has dismissed claims the martial arts hero's sudden death was caused by a drug overdose - he insists it was triggered by a severe allergic reaction.
The ENTER THE DRAGON icon died in 1973 aged 32, after suffering swelling of his brain whilst in the home of Hong Kong actress BETTY TING PEI.
The attending coroner described Lee's passing as "death by misadventure" - but speculation has been rife ever since that Lee had been taking illegal drugs.
But Chow has dismissed such reports, claiming Lee took some headache medication without realising he was "hypersensitive" to the key ingredient, equigesic.
Chow says, "The bottom line is it was an accident.
"At the time the most important thing is that I felt I lost a very, very good friend."