Iron Maiden Top Charts In Fashion Stakes
British rock band IRON MAIDEN's infamous EDDIE logo has won them the top spot in the rock'n'roll fashion charts.
The TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT group's merchandise featuring Eddie, a skeleton rocker with long hair, was named all-time favourite music mascot in an internet poll of thousands of people - beating NIRVANA and METALLICA.
Chief executive of teeshirtstore.com. RUSSEL COULTART, says, "You would think it would be someone more current.
"But Iron Maiden have got such a huge fanbase and they have built that up over 20-plus years."
The Top 10 T-shirts:
1. IRON MAIDEN - EDDIE LOGO
2. JOY DIVISION - UNKNOWN PLEASURES
3. NIRVANA - NEVERMIND SMILEY FACE
4. THE RAMONES - EAGLE LOGO
5. ROLLING STONES - LIPS LOGO
6. KRAFTWERK - AUTOBAHN
7. PRIMAL SCREAM - SCREAMADELICA
8. METALLICA - MASTER OF PUPPETS
9. PUBLIC ENEMY - TARGET LOGO
10. INSPIRAL CARPETS - COOL AS F***21/11/2004 21:07