Hepburn Is Voted Movie's Most Stylish Female
Screen legend AUDREY HEPBURN has been voted the most stylish movie character of all time for her portrayal of HOLLY GOLIGHTLY in the 1960 classic BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S.
The New York socialite with her memorable look comprising a black dress and pearls beat UMA THURMAN's portrayal of MIA WALLACE in 1994 crime tale PULP FICTION and CAMERON DIAZ as NATALIE COOK in CHARLIE'S ANGELS into second and third place respectively.
The poll of 4,000 people for BBC'S WHAT TO WEAR magazine also named cinema's least stylish female characters - citing TONI COLLETTE's overweight ABBA fan MURIEL HESLOP in 1994's MURIEL'S WEDDING and RENEE ZELLWEGER's big knicker-wearing BRIDGET JONES as the top two.
The Top 5 Best Dressed Female Cinematic Creations are:
1. HOLLY GOLIGHTLY (AUDREY HEPBURN) in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S
2. MIA WALLACE (UMA THURMAN) in PULP FICTION
3. NATALIE COOK (CAMERON DIAZ) in CHARLIE'S ANGELS
4. SATINE (NICOLE KIDMAN) in MOULIN ROUGE!
5. KATHARINE HEPBURN (CATE BLANCHETT) in THE AVIATOR
The Top 5 Worst Dressed Female Cinematic Creations are:
1. MURIEL HESLOP (TONI COLLETTE) in MURIEL'S WEDDING
2. BRIDGET JONES (RENEE ZELLWEGER) in BRIDGET JONES'S DIARY
3. BABY HOUSEMAN (JENNIFER GREY) in DIRTY DANCING
4. CLEMENTINE (KATE WINSLET) in ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
5. ELLE WOODS (REESE WITHERSPOON) in LEGALLY BLONDE.15/02/2005 18:07