Halle Tops Oscars Glamour List
HALLE BERRY's decision to wear a stunning PHILLIP BLOCH gown to the 2002 OSCARS has earned her the title of the ACADEMY AWARDS' Best Oscar Look in a new magazine poll.
The actress, who won the Best Actress prize a year ago and dazzled Hollywood with her stylish silk taffeta and mesh dress, pipped JULIA ROBERTS' 2001 VALENTINO look and the CHRISTIAN DIOR gown NICOLE KIDMAN wore to the OSCARS in 1997 to claim top spot in the poll in American weekly IN TOUCH.
Berry's 1996 Valentino look also made the top 75 list, but ELIZABETH TAYLOR, JENNIFER LOPEZ and WINONA RYDER share the crown as the OSCARS' style queens, making the list three times.
The top 10 is:
2. JULIA ROBERTS in VALENTINO (2001)
3. NICOLE KIDMAN in CHRISTIAN DIOR (1997)
4. AUDREY HEPBURN in GIVENCHY (1954)
5. UMA THURMAN in PRADA (1995)
6. WINONA RYDER in EDWARD SEBESTA (1994)
7. GWYNETH PALTROW in RALPH LAUREN (1999)
8. ELIZABETH TAYLOR (1959)
9. JENNIFER LOPEZ in BADGLEY MISCHKA (1999)
10. MARCIA GAY HARDEN in RANDOLPH DUKE (2001)