Green Day Fail To Impress Punk Icon - Comments and Message Board

pretty_pistol's picture

pretty_pistol

PEOPLE!.. he knows who Green Day are! he doesnt live in a bubble.. He was insulting them.. by sayin they're not punks when the try to be.. actually they dont try.. they just aren't..
1322490705

kcgreendayluver's picture

kcgreendayluver

This dude obviously doesn't know the meaning of punk rocker, because Green Day is the face of Punk Rock! This guy needs to check his facts. GREEN DAY ROX! They have been through more s**t that that guy knows, so give um credit for what they've done, they have become the Kings of Rock, and they've earned it!
1322490706

Mrs. Billie Joe's picture

Mrs. Billie Joe

Hahaha, Green Day not pink, you crack me up!!! Who ever this Diggle guy is, he is a total a**hole!!! I mean come on!!! Quote from Billie Joe: "A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over the garbage can and says 'That's Punk?', and I say 'No that's trendy!' So there, they are punk...f*** you Diggle!!!
1322490747

Georgia smells.'s picture

Georgia smells.

That bites. I saw them at Milton Keynes last week and they were awesome.
1322490749

greendayroxmysox!'s picture

greendayroxmysox!

aww!!! poor guys!!! that guy needs to catch up with punk music! he obviously didnt think they are punks because hes not a 'modern' punk! i personally feel sorry for the guy who said they werent punks! green day are f*****g amazin & if he dont no that then where the hell has he been since 1994?
1322490644

nimrod/jackass's picture

nimrod/jackass

Well, the guy seems really jealous i guess because his band became no where close to green day's success. Or he's just been drugged up out of his mind living in a cave for the last 12 years or so.
1322490646

offthedeepend's picture

offthedeepend

thanks stdanger for the compliment but I am a she not a he. :)the buzzc**ks do have a huge influence on early punk but I could never get passed their singers voice. He sounds like he represents the Lollipop Guild.
1322490647

giggitygiggitygiggity's picture

giggitygiggityg...

well then f**k to them too, punk has lost its meaning now, with so many bands and ppl that consider them selves "punk" it use to be about being different, a lifestyle, now its just a f**king fashion trend, but Green Day, to be honest, has been, is, and always will be punk, it is not only just clothing, but a lifestyle, and even in their adult age, they do not fail to impress me, they deserve to be reconized and appreciated, and for those who fail to see this, well then f**k you too, go back to your backstreet boy and brittney spears s**t and leave us be...thank you very much *bows*
1322490754

offthedeepend's picture

offthedeepend

Being probably the most "geriatric" Green Day fan on the planet (33) this guy has got to be outright lying. I know of 50 year old country music fans that have heard of Green Day. How does he know that they aren't punk if he hasn't heard of them? I hated punk (including the Buzzc**ks, they have one good song) until Green Day's Dookie came out. I was more of a Soundgarden/Alice & Chains type. Green Day is about the only punk band I like and I have liked them since 1994. This guy is just trying to get his few minutes of fame. Half of those punks who say they won't go mainstream or sign to a major label because they are selling out are just too scared of the backlash they would get from the punk community. Though they would secretly like to have the balls Green Day had to go mainstream. I saw he can kiss off. Green Day is the best band on the planet and will be around longer and have a more lasting effect on music then The Buzzc**ks ever will. I am raising a new generation of Green Day fans (daughter, 13 & son, 10)so may Green Day be around for years to come.
1322490755

Rodrigo's picture

Rodrigo

Green Day it's not punk? So what means punk?
1322490649

Julie4273@aol.com's picture

Julie4273@aol.com

I have never even herd of that guy and if he is so ignorant not to know Green Day thats pretty pathetic. And how the f**k could he say they aren't punk when he never herd of them? Green Day shouldn't worry about people like that. They know they have way more fans who love them.
1322490650

pinkpunkpuke's picture

pinkpunkpuke

finally, a person w/ the decency to tell the truth. of course he knew who Green Day are, he just doesn't KNOW them. get the metaphysical difference you morons. If Green Day is punk, Martha Stewart is the new Vivian Westwood.
1322490759

punky's picture

punky

HAHAHA!!! all of you asshole who call yourselves punks and don`t even know who Steve Diggle is!!! you make me laugh!!!! Steve Diggle was the guitar player from The Buzzc**ks!! I bet you don`t know who The Buzzc**ks were and yes I`m the only one here who agrees wit Steve Green Day aren`t punk they are punk rock BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
1322490653

YOUSUCK's picture

YOUSUCK

the people above me have no idea what they're talking about..I'm so glad he said that....ha....this made me piss myslef!!......greenday really gave all of these MTV garbage bands a chance..nice going dips**ts..
1322490759

SaintDanger's picture

SaintDanger

Steve Diggle needs to get a hold of himself. True, he was part of a very influential Punk Rock group (no-one can deny that), but punk has changed over the years that they have been dormant from music-making.I agree with 'offthedeepend' (And praise him for helping with the new generation of fans - I'm 13 and have been a life-long fan) that Diggle must be lying in hope of 'dampening Green Day's success'.The generation of Buzzc**ks fans is quickly disappearing. Ask any teenager who The Buzzc**ks are and they may have a vague idea. Ask that same kid about Green Day and you're guaranteed a better, more enthusiastic responce.The Buzzc**ks are well and truely past it, and this display of disregard and blatant rudeness to a fan isn't helping their profile right now in the eyes of Green Day fans.
1322490762

Road2aceptance14's picture

Road2aceptance14

Oh that's horrible about the guy not knowing Green Day. It's kind of ironic and funny though. I bet Green Day enjoyed him not knowing who they were. However, about the comment of them not being punk...as said by many teenage girls world-round: Pisha! Who cares if he thinks they aren't "punk". What is he? Nothing. HE hasn't made music in several years. He's dead to me. Green Day are still keepin it alive and punk rock even to this day. Go GREEN DAY!!
1322490763

guitarist's picture

guitarist

Well, Green Day are not as 'punk' as they used to be, however i would of thought he'd of heard of them
1322490659

X_whatsername_X's picture

X_whatsername_X

You know what, f**k you, prettypistol, you're a tool. DIggle said he didn't know Green Day, obviously, he has either been living in a cave, or the only things he hears are his two last living brain cells bouncing off each other inside his own thick skull. If he doesn't know Green Day, then where the f**k does he get off saying they aren't punk? They were around back before punk was a fashion for god's sake. If it's the major label that makes him say that, then he's a bigger t**t than he's already proven to be. Just because a band is successful doesn't mean they've sold out. It means they're f**king good and managed to break through. Why should they be punished by the "punk" community for growing? If that's what punk is, then f**k punk, I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of tying a band down like that. Green Day are f**king champions, the kings of the new punk rock revolution.
1322490764

St.Emmy's picture

St.Emmy

Son of a bitch!If he's never heard of Green Day he needs to get out more!Not punk?I'm confused.If Green Day isn't punk what is?And he's their hero for god's sake!If I were Green Day I'd be really disappointed that my hero turned out to by a complete asshole!
1322490661

X_whatsername_X's picture

X_whatsername_X

f**k off. You don't know jack s**t about either of them I'll bet.
1322490765

my aim is billyjoeA1988's picture

my aim is billy...

*ahem* if i do remember from the egos and icons episode with Green day a qoute from there of "were not a voice for punk and we dont want to " and " punk was dead if you didnt get it from the start so.... f**k it"Billie Joe Armstrongyes i am a Green day frek /fan
1322490663

Melly_86's picture

Melly_86

*~* ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT GUY IS THE GAYEST GAY THAT EVER GAYED *~* and GREEN DAY ROX and if u dnt like them then let the green day lovers have them to ourselves coz were much happier listening to them then u complainin bout them so just shut the f**k up and leave them alonegreen day rox my soxlove Melly
1322490768

Jaded4bj's picture

Jaded4bj

Who's Steve digger or diggle whatever??!! This guy needs to come back to earth if he has no idea who Green Day is! They're only the best punk rock group on earth! Green day is everywhere, would somebody please tell this old fart to watch t.v. maybe he'll learn what's new now adays! Green Day rocks!!!
1322490768

greenday_513's picture

greenday_513

i feel so sorry for green day! i bet they were pissed!.i can`t believe that that old asshole didn`t know who they are! they are the punkest of punk and that old asshole wouldn`t know punk if it came up and bit him on the ass!
1322490769

BlokeWhoActuallyListensToPunk's picture

BlokeWhoActuall...

I don't mind a bit of Green Day but uh Green Day: Punk?? I think not. Try pop-rock... Anyway.. cop that you guys deserve it for calling yourselves punk.Someone needs to get you teeny boppers into a pit....
1322490770

Road2aceptance14's picture

Road2aceptance14

My idea of what each member of Green Day would say to the article:I bet Green Day laughed and liked it when he didn't know who they were considering everyone tracks them down and knows everything about them these days. Mike probably said, "oh well..." Tre definetly said, "Ah f**k it! Who is he anyways?!?!" and Billie Joe most likely said, "It's actually nice to know someone who doesn't worship the ground you walk on....it's kinda like going back to highschool."Then when they found out that he said they weren't punk Mike said," yeah he's right...we are not punk....our music is." Tre probably said, "f**k him. He's balding." Billie Joe said, "Hmm....Like I take what he says seriously when he hasn't made music in decades....he's dead to me."
1322490666

Fantomas1138's picture

Fantomas1138

Barry Manilow>Green Day
1322490772

reigrl90's picture

reigrl90

i don't no who this diggle guy is how great of an artist he is. if green day liked him he must be good, but i dont think he had good judgement at all, the way he ridiculed gd w/o even knowing them. maybe he is a good musician, i'm not judging him by that, but if people come up 2 u saying ur their hero, u don't tell them that they aren't punk and humiliate them. hopefully their "hero" was just having a bad moment or something, but he needs ta get his head out his ass and think bout how rude he acted. i'm not just saying this cuz its gd he insulted, but thats not a way 2 treat any of ur fans. thats all i gotta say and i hope those who read this understand wut i have 2 say.
1322490774

billie's biggest fan's picture

billie's biggest fan

I have alot to say. Who is he to say what's punk or not? They are sooo punk! I know the whole band members biography and my uncle was one of the maine people that made Billie's house. And i know that they are being unfairly victimized. Heck, I haven't ever heard of that band! No doubt they aren't from this planet none the less the same ballpark so they need to get there thick skulls out of the clouds and realize what REAL music is. If they are so punk rock then why haven't they heard of Greenday? Greenday won a grammy for the best ROCK album. Shows what posers they are! They don't know who won the best rock album! Is it just me or is that stupid?! I mean how can they call themselves musicians? I have grown up with Greenday. Get this: instead of my mom playing me Motzart as a baby, to make me smart or whatever, she played me Greenday! Guess what, straight A's! And if you think that I have a strong opinion, you should here some of the other fans! I'm a devoted girl and when Greenday is embarassed it hurts me. I can't stand it. I strongly dislike whomever dislikes Greenday. So do me a favor and stop filling me with such agrivation. It's an excruciating feeling to know that someone I know so much about and that I know is punk is being humiliated because of just a few simple words. That's just so rude! I deticate the song Platypus to those idiotic people. Oh and since no doubt they don't know what song it is you can get the lyrics from Billie because his lawyer wouldn't let him put his PUNK ROCK lyrics on the CD because of his potty-mouth.
1322490673

mismanagedfortune's picture

mismanagedfortune

WHAT!?!!?! How could he not know Green Day?? Steve Diggle needs to keep up with his music, I would consider Green Day if not equal to, above the legacy of the sex pistols or the clash...not punk bah! I feel sorry for them...hey, at least they probably make a point not to totally be oblivious to other bands in the punk world that consider Green Day their hero right? :P
1322490775

The_Who's picture

The_Who

by the way the same thing was said by a truepunk legend "john lydon"and if the dont kno what band diggle was inwitch was the "buzzc***s" one of the greatest punkbands ever along side the pistols n clashthen you dont no anything so shut the f**k upu dont obviously no anything either thenthe buzzc***s were more punk then they evercould be and just because there not still aroundthey cant have an opinion and have you listened tothe opinions that come out of GDs mouthsyou can hardly complain that band think there itits true, and there not.......
1322490775

greenday409's picture

greenday409

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ok. first thing first. buzzc**ks r ok. but this just totally PISSED ME OFF!!!!!!!Green Day is the best band in the whole freakin world. So i dunno wtf is up w/ stupid whatever his name is....(too upset to check ritenow)l......i feel bad for green day. they love the buzzc**ks. so wtf man?? how can they NOT KNOW who Green Day is???
1322490674

you_are_my_bitch's picture

you_are_my_bitch

That dude is so right. They're not punks, maybe in the 1039/SOSH days, but definatly not AI. That album was, no, IS terrible.
1322490776

viciousbeast069's picture

viciousbeast069

there is only one thing that describes green day: THE BEST f**kEN BAND IN THE GOD DAM WORLD!!! I love them. There music is the best. Plus...Billie Joe is the sexiest thing since....since anything! I love Greenday...and if you guys r reading this...keep up the awsome work (and i look forward to seeing you in concert September 3, 2005...at Foxboro...)...
1322490777

Me's picture

Me

That doushbag Diggle (or whoever) must be so effn full of himself if he doesn't think Green Day is punk. If they aren't punk, then what the hell is he?! I agree with that dude who asked where the hell has he been for the last ten years?
1322490777

xskulls&rosesx's picture

xskulls&rosesx

well hes obviously very rude & if green day say that there punk then they are..in my opinion they are punk & even if they werent thats nothing against them as people. & just as a pointer ive never heard of him either!
1322490780

greendaykicksass's picture

greendaykicksass

wow......this guy shouldn't be talking. i bet if you asked 50 people if they knew who Diggle or whoever is, they would have no clue. this guy must not listen to the radio or own a tv. what a loser. green day is the best band ever and this guy is the biggest mofo ever.
1322490781

got lies to tell's picture

got lies to tell

ah well he can f**k right off and stop acting like he's the most important thing since the beatles because he's f**king not. if he doesn't understand that punk is being true to your own way of living and your own ideals well then he can 'shove it up his arse until it comes out of his big toe', i quote Liam Gallagher.there are no f**king rules, and he's not the f**king punk god are something. ahaha who is he to judge.
1322490784

nimrod tre-rhcpnat's picture

nimrod tre-rhcpnat

thats just bad,i feel sorry for them!
1322490682

Cat Loves Green's picture

Cat Loves Green

What !!!! Not heard of Green Day? That dude must live underground or somethimg, cause Green day rules !!!I mean, come on, They have been famous since the very begining of punx !!! They rule !!! I say to green day that Billie joes quote, "there has not been a band you can metion that we haven't kicked there ass's" is now true.Green day, That guy is not worth being your hero and You guys are the best band on earth !!! - Cat Loves Green
1322490683

idunno's picture

idunno

OMG!!! That stupid steve diggle dude and his band are FRIGGON IDIOTS if they dont kno who Green Day are!!!!! Green Day is only like the most awesome band in the world!!! and i dunno y n-e1 whould say Green Day r not punks!!! incase he didnt kno...green day was like one of the biggest influential punk-rock bands n history! so this is wat i gotta say to that jerk! %*&~~!#@$%^!! laterz...love ya billie joe, mike and tre!!! xox
1322490786

lennonpeace1967's picture

lennonpeace1967

he must have heard of greenday...because who hasn't??but it's perfectly reasonable that he says they weren't punk. I think they're pretty "good" (or respectable) on the scale of who's "truly punk" and whos' a "poser" but the truth is...they're music isn't really any more punk than it is simply rock or pop. The clothes they wear don't seem very "punk" to me. They seem more along the lines of hot topic. yes, hot topic isn't really punk. it's owned by gap. it's fake. sorry, but true. "poser" clothes. (that word is dubious though, because we're really all posing) they may have been punks at the beginning (I live near where they started out, and I don't think they could have started there being "posers") but they're become mass marketed. The simple fact that you fans are insulting this guy for "not watching TV and paying attention to the media" shows what audience they've got now--the mainstream audience.and to whoever said they've been round since the beginning of uhh..."punx"...that is so wrong that it makes me wonder what our world has gotten into. Punk took off in the late 70s, when green day were babies if anything. and the roots of punk began in the 60s garage rock. so no, they are NOT original punk.
1322490788

Skatr101skt's picture

Skatr101skt

When I read this I was really mad. Ihis guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. How could he never of heard of Green Day. Tons of popular bands say their influences are Green Day. He also needs to get glasses to watch T.V. because a lot of other bands copy Green Day's style. Green Day is a phenomenon. Ilove them.
1322490789

SAIBHmm's picture

SAIBHmm

hey stfu music is music dont be labeling it u immAture bastards to me greenday is punk so u can f**k off i dont care what us think punk is it doesnt f**kin matter grow up anyone who says they arent punk or anything at all are jealous s**theads there the best! old and new so leave them alone if u dont no d guys personally then you cant say that THEY are NOT punk
1322490789

Ziggy Stardust's picture

Ziggy Stardust

I honestly think that he HAS heard of green day, but just wanted to play the media and hype around them.It's hard to not hear of them, especially if you're in the music business.Dishonesty isn't cool.
1322490692

greendayfreak885's picture

greendayfreak885

What a moron!!I cannot belive that he said he didnt know who GD was!!How could he say that green day wasnt punk and who the hell is he to say that?
1322490694

StreetLight's picture

StreetLight

Do you assholes relize without The Buzzc**ks there would be now Green Day. Oh yeah and Green Day where Pop Punk up until Dookie then they became Pop Rock. They where never Punk or never will be Punk.
1322485400

punkindrublic's picture

punkindrublic

the man is a legacy but still i think the remarks are pretty f**ked. oh wellAND IT'S GREEN DAY not greenday, and they aren't the first "punk" band in the world so stop acting like they are the only "punk" band. and no Billie WILL not marry you, he has a wife who he loves very much (awww) and 2 kids! keep your pathetic MrsBillieJoe or MarryMeBillie or ILoveBillie4eva screen names to pathetic boards like simple plan boards (ick yuck)but then again, this is just a gossip bulls**t page, so....whatever
1322490696