General Lee Tops Classic Cars List12 March 2004
The Dukes of Hazzard's GENERAL LEE has sped off with a new honour - as the best car ever to hit TV or movie screens.
However, president McKEEL HAGERTY admits he is shocked the General Lee is still favourite.
He says, "We thought the top choice would be the Batmobile, or maybe TOM SELLECK's FERRARI from Magnum Pi. We were surprised."
The Top 10 car stars are:
2. 1968 FORD MUSTANG (BULLITT)
3. 1967 SHELBY GT500 (GONE IN 60 SECONDS)
4. 1983 DeLOREAN (Back To The Future)
5. BATMOBILE (Batman)
6. ASTON MARTIN DB5 (Goldfinger)
7. 1977 PONTIAC FIREBIRD (SMOKEY + THE BANDIT)
8. 1963 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE (HERBIE, THE LOVE BUG)
9. 1974 FORD TORINO (STARSKY + HUTCH)
10. CHRYSLER IMPERIAL BLACK BEAUTY (THE GREEN HORNET)
|Comment on this article|