Franz Frontman Escapes Nut Allergy Death
FRANZ FERDINAND frontman ALEX KAPRANOS dodged death after eating a dessert containing traces of peanut - which he has a fatal allergy to.
The Scottish rocker, 29, who is currently on tour in Russia, started vomiting blood after eating baklava (hazelnut cakes) prepared for him by a friend, who had not noticed the small print on the packaging stating it may contain peanut traces.
The TAKE ME OUT star recovered from the attack but is furious that food manufacturers don't make allergy warnings more obvious.
He says, "I had the most horrific night. I was up until 5.30, retching until it was just blood and bile coming up."22/05/2005 10:47