Arnie Crowned King Of The Catchphrases
The immortal TERMINATOR line "I'll be back" has been named the best parting shot in movie history by film fans.
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S quote tops a list compiled by ODEON CINEMAS in the UK, and the Austrian-born muscle-man also scored another top rated line with his "Hasta la vista, baby" from the sequel, TERMINATOR II JUDGMENT DAY.
The cinema chain polled branch managers of nearly 100 complexes around the UK to draw up a rundown of verbal sign-offs.
Second in the list was CLARK GABLE's line to VIVIEN LEIGH in GONE WITH THE WIND: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Odeon spokesman RICHARD STORTON says, "Many of these lines are so well known that they've passed into everyday speech.
"We'll be putting these in the exits of our cinemas to spark film debate even after people have left the auditorium."
The top 10 movie lines are:
1. "I'll be back." - THE TERMINATOR (1984);
2. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." - GONE WITH THE WIND (1939);
3. "Get busy living, or get busy dying." - THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994);
4. "Hasta la vista, baby." - TERMINATOR II: JUDGMENT DAY (1991);
5. "Well, nobody's perfect!" - SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959);
6. "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." - 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968);
7. "Goodbye Mr Bond." - GOLDFINGER (1964);
8. "I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain ... Time to die." - BLADERUNNER (1982);
9. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" - WHITE HEAT (1949);
10. "Forget about it!" - DONNIE BRASCO (1997).