Michael Jackson's body has been moved after the crypt where it was stored became a tourist attraction.
Michael Jackson's body has been moved amid fears fans would break into the crypt where it was stored.
The late 'Thriller' star's coffin was taken to a private tomb belonging to Motown records founder Berry Gordy after the memorial service last week, but thousands of people have flocked to the spot since the location was leaked last weekend.
The Jackson family have now moved the coffin to the basement of the main building at Forest Lawn Cemetery - where the singer's private funeral took place - until his final resting place is decided.
A source said: "The Jackson family was not pleased and ordered the casket to be placed in the basement for security reasons."
Michael's sister LaToya Jackson - who supplied information for the star's death certificate - was reportedly responsible for choosing what he wore to be buried in.
The 50-year-old star is believed to have been dressed in black studded trousers, an oversized gold belt and two black gloves. His trademark single white glove was also placed in the coffin with him.
It is believed that Michael's family want him to be laid to rest in his Californian ranch Neverland.
However, his mother Katherine is said to be blocking their wish because she believes it is not what the late star - who moved out of the property when he was acquitted of child abuse charges in 2005 - would have wanted.
Katherine has failed in another bid to be "treated like a third trustee" of the singer's estate, after originally being refused to be legally named as co-administrator last Monday (06.07.09).
Documents filed at Los Angeles Superior Court yesterday (13.07.09) contained details of the dispute but Judge Mitchell Beckhoff signed off papers for the singer's two existing trustees - attorney John Branca and music executive John McClain - to begin doing business on behalf of the estate.
Katherine had been named temporary administrator in the aftermath of Michael's death last month.
A new court date has been set for August 3.
Meanwhile, toxicology results that could help establish the cause of the 'Bad' singer's death may be available this week or early next week, an official from the Los Angeles County Coroner's office has claimed.
It is expected the office will announce they have the results and then release the details the following day.