Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown previously unseen footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled as he doesn't believe it adds anything to the trial.
Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled.
Jackson's former physician Dr. Conrad Murray faces a charge of involuntary manslaughter - after the 'Thriller' hitmaker died of acute Propofol intoxication while under Murray's care in June 2009 - and his lawyers wanted the jury to watch the previously unseen clips as they claimed they showed him in good health, ahead of his 50-night residency at London's O2.
However, Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says footage - which was taken just days before his tragic death - will not add anything to the case, even though he agrees that Jackson was not in poor health.
He said: "There is absolutely nothing in those materials that could have been of assistance to the defence."
Pastor also agreed with the lawyers for Sony Pictures Entertainment that the clips have significant value and should not be publicly shown without a good reason.
He added: "There are materials which I viewed which I would regard as extremely valuable to Sony."
Murray has been accused of administering the medication and failing to provide proper care leading to Jackson's death, but in recent months, his lawyers have suggested the singer gave himself the lethal dose.
Murray - who faces up to four years in prison if convicted - has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Jury selection is scheduled to begin on September 8.