Michael Jackson's classic THRILLER video has beaten Queen and Madonna to be
crowned the best music promo of all time.
The 1983 horror video - in which the superstar morphs into a werewolf and
a zombie - scored more votes than rock group Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, in
fourth, and Madonna's controversial LIKE A PRAYER, in fifth, to top the poll of
British TV network CHANNEL 4.
Animated videos for Peter Gabriel's 1987 hit SLEDGEHAMMER and Norwegian
band A-Ha's 1985 tune TAKE ON ME landed second and third places
Directed by An American Werewolf in London film-maker John Landis,
Jackson's popular promo was released as a short film and helped his album of
the same name to sell more than 60 million copies worldwide.
The greatest pop videos of all-time are:
1. MICHAEL JACKSON - THRILLER
2. PETER GABRIEL - SLEDGEHAMMER
3. A-HA - TAKE ON ME
4. QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
5. MADONNA - LIKE A PRAYER
6. ROBBIE WILLIAMS - ROCK DJ
7. MICHAEL JACKSON - BILLIE JEAN
8. THE VERVE - BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY
9. MADONNA - VOGUE
10. NIRVANA - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.