Fatboy Slim has admitted he tried not to eat for four days while he was at Glastonbury Festival because he didn't want to go for a poop in the event's toilets.
Fatboy Slim refused to eat for four days at the Glastonbury Festival because he didn't want to poop in the toilets.
The DJ - whose real name is Norman Cook - made his 16th consecutive live appearance last month at Michael Eavis' music event, which is held at Worthy Farm in Somerset, South West England, but he has admitted, despite his experience, he avoided food so he didn't have to do his business in the less than lavish facilities.
He told the Observer Food Monthly magazine: ''Hunger is good on stage. Once we did four days at Glastonbury without any food passing our lips.
Continue reading: Fatboy Slim's Festival Poop Fear
The worst opening for the Pilton festival yet?
Glastonbury Festival goers are facing a major traffic crisis as they make their way down to Worthy Farm in Somerset for the biggest greenfield event in the world. The musical line-up doesn't even kick off until Friday, but already people are flocking in their thousands and bringing a whole load of congestion with them.
Michael Eavis says traffic was caused by early arrivals
Today (June 22nd 2016), Glastonbury 2016 opened and with it came gridlock. People have been queuing for more than 12 hours to get onto the site, with some even abandoning their cars to go and set up their tent. However, that's not been an easy job either as it's revealed that extremely muddy conditions and torrential rain are what's causing the delays.
Continue reading: Glastonbury Gridlock: Festival Goers Have Been Stuck In Traffic All Day
In a historic move the festival will be offering a space to “all people who identify as women”.
This year’s Glastonbury will feature a venue open to women only for the first time in the festival’s history. Named The Sisterhood, the space will be hidden in the festival’s Shangri-La area and is described as an "intersectional, queer, trans and disability-inclusive space open to all people who identify as women".
Continue reading: Glastonbury 2016 To Have First Women Only Venue The Sisterhood
The ‘Purple Rain’ singer had previously been rumoured to be topping the bill in 2014.
Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis has revealed that Prince was close to performing at this year’s festival, which will now be headlined by Adele, Coldplay and Muse. Speaking to The Sun, Eavis said he was sad to learn of Prince’s passing last month, saying he was a ‘real star’ the festival had never had.
Michael Eavis has said Prince was ‘in talks’ to perform at this year’s Glastonbury.
“I was going to meet his agent, it was all planned but it didn’t happen,” Eavis said. “His death was so sad. That’s a real star that we never had.” Prince had previously been close to headlining the festival in 2014, before Metallica took the spot.
Michael Eavis said he and his team have something special planned for the farm's fallow year
Glastonbury’s location is as iconic as the festival itself with Worthy Farm playing host to the infamous five-day spectacular since June 1970. Every five years, Glasto has a fallow year to help regenerate the land which is next due in 2018 – however, this time Michael Eavis may have “something special” planned.
Michael Eavis could be planning something special for 2018
The 80-year-old festival founder has explained that life is getting too short for fallow years and seems to instead be hinting that the musical extravaganza could be moving out of Somerset.
Continue reading: Is Glastonbury Moving Away From Worthy Farm For 2018?
But who will headline next year’s festival?
Tickets for next year's Glastonbury Festival have sold out in just 30 minutes. The 118,200 standard tickets went on sale at 9am on Sunday morning (October 4th), at a price of £228 plus £5 booking fee, with eager fans rushing to snap them up in just half an hour.
Coldplay are among the favourites to headline Glastonbury 2016.
A spokesperson for the festival told the BBC, "We have, once again, been staggered by the sheer number of people from around the world who hoped to come to the festival, with demand significantly outstripping supply."
Continue reading: Glastonbury 2016 Tickets Sell Out In Just 30 Minutes
Labour MP Gareth Thomas believes that Glastonbury could be held in an outer London borough in 2023, if it wins a European Capital of Culture bid.
Could the Glastonbury Festival one day be moving to London? An idea to temporarily relocate the legendary festival has been floated by Labour MP Gareth Thomas, who has suggested that the British capital would host it for one year in 2023 if London won the bid for European Capital of Culture.
Thomas, the MP for Harrow West, is campaigning to be selected as the party’s mayoral candidate. He suggested that Epping Forest or Hackney Marshes could be considered as one-off site for the festival, according to a report by The Independent.
He would push for a special edition of Glastonbury as part of a series of “pop-up” arts and culture events throughout London, even the outskirts, during 2023, if he were elected as Mayor.
Continue reading: Could Glastonbury Be Moving To London?
The Dalai Lama will appear in the Green Fields on Sunday.
China has issued a warning to the Glastonbury Festival organisers over their booking of the Dalai Lama. The Tibetan spiritual leader is to give a talk at this weekend's festival to promote a message of "compassion, non-violence and the oneness of humanity."
Dalai Lama's booking at the Glastonbury Festival has caused a stir in China
However, officials in China have warned that the Eavises' booking is tantamount to offering the Dalai Lama a platform to "engage in anti-China splittist activities," Reuters reports. The leader is not scheduled to meet with officials in Britain, though China nevertheless is concerned that he may be intent on promoting his wish for an autonomous Tibet in the UK.
Continue reading: China Issues Warning To Glastonbury Festival Over Dalai Lama
The festival, which will open its gates to 135,000 ticket holders next week, may have to re-locate in the future because of planning difficulties to do with multiple land-ownership.
Glastonbury has become one of the key dates in Britain’s social calendar over the last ten years, but a major shake-up of the festival could be on the horizon. Michael Eavis, the founder and organiser of the annual musical celebration, has admitted that it may have to move location in the future.
With just a week to go until the 2015 edition, which will see headline performances by Florence + The Machine, Kanye West and The Who, 79 year old Eavis told Sky News on Friday (June 19th) that he does not own the entire site and, as a result, is finding it increasingly difficult to get the requisite commissions to stage the event each year.
Michael Eavis admits Glastonbury may have to re-locate in the future
Continue reading: Glastonbury May Have To Move Site In The Future, Says Michael Eavis
Since Kanye was revealed as the Saturday night headliner back in March, co-organiser Emily Eavis has received a number of death threats.
With a little under a month to go before it kicks off, probably the most talked-about thing about Glastonbury 2015 has been the booking of Kanye West for the Saturday night headline slot. In a new interview, the festival’s chief organiser Emily Eavis has revealed that she has received death threats as a result.
Speaking with The Times, Eavis, 36, who runs the festival with her father Michael, stood proudly by their decision to book the rapper to headline the Pyramid Stage, but said that some of the abuse they’ve received has been “just horrible”.
Michael and Emily Eavis, the father-daughter team behind Glastonbury