The Canadian star is withdrawing from the BBC Music Awards in December, just days after learning that his son Noah has cancer.
Just days after learning that his son has been diagnosed with cancer, singer Michael Buble has pulled out of his scheduled appearance at the BBC Music Awards next month.
The 41 year old Canadian singer announced last Friday (November 4th) that his three year old son, his eldest child with his wife Luisana Lopilato, is suffering from cancer. At that time, he said that both he and Luisana would be cancelling all public engagements in the immediate future to concentrate on “helping Noah get well”.
Michael Buble will not appear at the BBC Music Awards in December, following his son's cancer diagnosis
The BBC Music Awards, due to be held in London on December 12th, was one of the nearest appearances in his diary in the coming weeks, but it was announced on Tuesday that Buble would not be appearing.
“We send Michael and his family our very best wishes,” said BBC Music director Bob Shennan, with Radio 2 DJ Steve Wright making the initial announcement on his lunchtime show the same day.
Buble is similarly scheduled to host the 2017 Brit Awards in London on February 22nd, and Canada’s Juno Awards in Ottawa on April 2nd. It is not yet known whether he will be able to fulfil these appearances.
Writing via his Facebook page last week, making the tragic announcement to the world, Buble said:
“We are devastated about the recent cancer diagnosis of our oldest son Noah who is currently undergoing treatment in the US. We have always been very vocal about the importance of family and the love we have for our children.
“Luisana and I have put our careers on hold in order to devote all our time and attention to helping Noah get well. We have a long journey in front of us and hope that with the support of family, friends and fans around the world, we will win this battle, God willing.”