The ITV show wants to move away from sending reality TV favourites into the jungle and give other celebs a chance.
‘I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here’ is reportedly set to ban reality TV stars from competing on the show, in favour of more “credible” names. Reality stars have traditionally had great success on the jungle show, but other former contestants are said to think they have an “unfair advantage.”
Last year’s Queen of the Jungle Vicky Pattison
The Sun reports the show bosses have vowed to ban reality stars from competing on the next series, which begins in November. Producers are said to be looking to emulate BBC1’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, which avoids casting reality names.
The former ‘Corrie’ actress insists she and Mark are happy, despite having to spend time apart.
Michelle Keegan has spoken out after months of rumours regarding the state of her marriage to ‘TOWIE’ star Mark Wright. Rumours that the couple’s marriage was on the rocks started when Michelle spent two months in South Africa filming BBC drama ‘Our Girl’ and was frequently pictured out at night without her wedding ring.
Michelle Keegan has hit out at rumours about her marriage
Speaking to The Mirror Keegan said: “I find it frustrating people are constantly speculating about my marriage. I think we should celebrate the fact that, alright, yeah, I did get married, but I can work as well.
Keegan quit her seven-year role on 'Coronation Street' in May 2014, and has seen her income rocket subsequently.
She took a tremendous gamble with her career when she left her long-term role on ‘Coronation Street’ two years ago, but it all seems to have worked out for Michelle Keegan, who is now apparently earning 16 times more than she did on the ITV soap.
The 29 year old actress quit her role as barmaid Tina McIntyre in May 2014, having held down the part since late 2007. Such a move is often a risk, but a new report in The Sun has apparently disclosed what Keegan has earned since then, and it’s made her one of the most successful former soap stars in Britain, with an income just shy of £1 million over the last 12 months.
Michelle Keegan with husband Mark Wright in 2016
The reality star is said to be recovering after an attack at a nightclub in Marbella.
‘The Only Way Is Essex’ star Jake Hall is said to be in intensive care after an alleged ‘stabbing’ at a nightclub in the Costa del Sol resort of Puerto Banus. According to reports, the 24-year-old was rushed to hospital by friends in the early hours of Monday morning after an attack at the Aqwa Mist nightclub.
Jake Hall is said to be recovering in hospital after a nightclub attack.
According to The Sun, a spokesman for a local emergency services coordination centre has confirmed that police and paramedics were called to a nightspot in Puerto Banus at 3.25am local time on Monday, to reports that a man had been attacked with a bottle.
Mark is sick of Lauren using his name but Lauren says she moved on with a new man
Whether ex-TOWIE star Lauren Goodger is actually devastated about the marriage of her ex-boyfriend Mark Wright or is just hoping for a little publicity off the back of his new reunion, the reality TV expert is definitely making sure she’s not too far away from his latest story.
Lauren Goodger and Mark Wright were childhood sweethearts but their relationship has turned sour
Holidaying in Dubai at the same time as Mark and his new wife Michelle spent time in the same country on their honeymoon, the fake tan entrepreneur has revealed that the trip was actually a surprise as part of her rekindled romance with Jake McLean.
Continue reading: Lauren Goodger And Mark Wright Clash After Mark's Twitter Rant
The television presenter received three perfect scores of 40 from the judges on the way to securing her victory in the popular vote.
After nearly three months of intense competition, ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ has a winner! Former ‘Xtra Factor’ host Caroline Flack was voted the best of the three remaining contestants along with her professional dance partner Pasha Kovalev.
Former pop stars Frankie Bridge (of The Saturdays) and Simon Webbe (of Blue) were the runners-up in the final vote, while former ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ star Mark Wright was voted off in fourth place in an earlier stage of the final.
Winner! Caroline Flack was crowned 'Strictly...' 2014 champion on Saturday night
Continue reading: Caroline Flack Crowned 2014 'Strictly Come Dancing' Winner
[Spoilers] Tina's startling demise will launch a murder investigation in Weatherfield.
A high profile murder investigation will be launched as part of a Coronation Street storyline involving Michelle Keegan's character Tina McIntyre, who is shown falling to her death from a building. Tina's shocking death will apparently launch a hunt for a murderer that will shake the town of Weatherfield.
Michelle Keegan's 'Corrie' Character Tina Will Be Written Out In An Explosive Way.
In scenes to be screened by ITV next week, Tina will be seen plummeting from a balcony at the builders' yard after a dramatic confrontation with her killer. The disturbing incident will be the culmination of months of events signalling to fans that Keegan's character was being written out, such as her illicit affair with Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne).
The Only Way is Essex gets its own channel? Nightmarish.
ITV is to launch a free-to-air channel called ITVBe which will target younger, female audiences with shows including The Only Way is Essex. ITV said that the ad-funded channel would show a variety of lifestyle and reality TV programmes, including the popular Real Housewives series.
Lucy Mecklenburgh Will Be Appearing on ITVBe.
"We identified an opportunity to develop what is currently part of the ITV2 schedule - reality and non-scripted shows, which are very popular with young women and housewives with kids - into a distinct channel proposition, aimed more squarely at that audience," said Peter Fincham, director of television at ITV.
Continue reading: Yep, It's Here. ITV Launching 'The Only Way Is Essex' Channel
Mick Norcross will no longer feature on 'The Only Way is Essex'
Mick Norcross, the nightclub owner and star of ITV2's 'The Only Way is Essex' has quit the reality show and banned its cameras from his main premises, The Sugar Hut in Brentwood. The venue is a regular meeting place for the cast of TOWIE, though Mick - the father of Kirk - became disillusioned with the way his place was being portrayed.
"My club is an upmarket venue where people come to drink champagne and feel spoiled. All these rows they keep filming don't show the club in a good light," Mick Norcross told the Sun newspaper. "I'm worried it's putting people off coming, which is the last thing I want." Norcross, one of the more level-headed members of the 'Essex' cast, later told Twitter followers, "Don't let the shadows of your past darken the doorstep of your future. Forgive and forget." An ITV spokesman confirmed Mick's departure from the show, a statement read, "There are no current plans to film with Mick or in the Sugar Hut."
'The Only Way is Essex', which won a BAFTA in 2011, has lost the majority of its biggest stars in recent years, including Mark Wright, Amy Childs and Lauren Goodger. The future of its current biggest draws, Mario Falcone and Lucy Mecklenburgh, remains uncertain after an apparent cheating scandal.
Continue reading: No More Sugar Hut: Mick Norcross Quits 'The Only Way Is Essex'