Embattled rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight has been hospitalised for the third time in four weeks as he continues to battle ill health following a multiple shooting last summer (14).
The Death Row Records co-founder appeared briefly in a Los Angeles court on Monday (02Mar15), when he told Superior Court Judge James Brandlin he had fired the lawyers handling his current murder case relating to a fatal incident on a movie set in Compton, California on 29 January (15).
Representing himself, Knight told the court he had cut ties with David Kenner and his law firm.
He also revealed he was gradually going blind and had been receiving below par medical treatment in custody, where he is being held without bail.
Judge Brandlin transferred the case to another judge, Ronald S. Coen, who was due to listen to the arguments during a new hearing later on Monday, but Knight had to be taken to hospital before his case could be called.
His health status was unknown as Wenn went to press.
The troubled star previously collapsed outside court on 3 February (15) and had to be treated for blood clots, while he suffered another health emergency on 19 February (15) as he arrived in court for a separate robbery case, prompting the judge to postpone the case until a later date.
Knight has pleaded not guilty to counts of murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run after running over and killing his pal Terry Carter and leaving another man, actor Cle 'Bone' Sloan, injured as he attempted to drive away from an altercation.