Ten years ago Gretchen Wieners had a dream and that dream was to make ‘fetch’ happen. Now a decade on from Mean Girls we can safely say, yes, Gretchen ‘fetch’ did happen. The movie which gave us Lindsay Lohan at her best and Amanda Seyfried in her film debut has offered us many memorable quotes which have become part of our lexicon. Some you can easily drop into conversation, for others it takes a bit more effort. So in celebration of Mean Girl’s 10th anniversary here’s the 10 Mean Girls quotes we’ve labeled the most ‘fetch’.
Lindsay Lohan, she'll always be Cady to us
1. “Fetch” - Gretchen Wieners
Fetch was an adjective Gretchen Wieners was trying to make happen. Regina George wasn't a fan telling her to “stop trying to make fetch happen”, but we say no Regina ‘fetch’ has happened, at least for us.
2. “She doesn't even go here!” - Damien
Damien had many memorable lines, but calling out the girl who just wanted to pour her heart out to a crowded gymnasium was one of the best.
More: How Mean Girls could have been a very different movie
3. ”You go Glen Coco!” - Damien
Face it you will probably never be as popular on Valentine’s day as Glenn Coco who got four candy canes! "You go Glen Coco!”, a Valentine’s legend.
4. ”On Wednesdays we wear pink” - Karen
The rule every wannabe plastic must live by, if it’s a Wednesday you must wear pink, even if all you have is an oversized polo shirt.
Daniel Franzese's Damien had some of the film's best lines
5. ”I can’t help it if i’ve got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!” - Bethany
Perhaps the best case of TMI ever on film, enough Bethany no more info needed.
6. “If you’re from Africa, why are you white?” - Karen
I don’t think we can put it any better than Gretchen did, come on Karen “you can't just ask people why they're white!”
More: 'Mean Girls' Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out As Gay In Open Letter To Gay Character 'Damian'
7. “Ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. That’s just, like, the rules of feminism.” - Gretchen Wieners
It might not be in any of Germaine Greer’s texts, but we all no you can’t date your friends ex, even if you are a mean girl, it’s just too far.
8. ”'Made out with a hot dog'? Oh my god! That was one time!” - Amber D’Alessio
Poor Amber, her burn book entry will go down as the most disturbing and also the most memorable.
Mean Girls also brought us Amanda Seyfried
9. “That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.” - Damian
Ever wondered why your hair is so flat and other girls seem to have walked right out of a Loreal commercial? Well thanks to Damien we can take solace in the fact that they might be hiding more than a good volumiser.
10. ”I'm not like a regular mom. I'm a cool mom.” - Mrs George
Based on Mrs George this is something you never want your mum to say, especially if she’s wearing pink velour.