Liam Payne's quick thinking and swift action helped save friend Andy Samuel, whose stepdad is thankful for the star's efforts, after a blaze in the 1D star's apartment on Monday night (02.09.13).
Liam Payne's quick thinking helped save his best friend's life.
The One Direction star's swift action helped save Andy Samuel - who grew up with Liam in Wolverhampton, England, - as he ''beat out the flames'' and ''doused him with water'' following a fire at the hunk's London flat which was caused by a patio heater exploding on Monday night (02.09.13).
Andy's stepdad Matthew Baker is thankful for the singer's efforts and he told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life.
''The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly.''
Liam is ''shocked'' after Andy suffered 20 degree burns to his chest, legs and arms.
He explained: ''What happened was absolutely awful. My son is very poorly. I've spoken to Liam on the phone and he told me exactly what happened. He is very shocked himself. It's bad enough but it could have been a lot worse.''
Liam was in the kitchen of his £2million flat, located in Canary Wharf, when the incident took place and was unharmed.
Another two people are believed to have also suffered superficial burns to their hands.
An ambulance and fire brigade were called at 9.45pm and it took 35 firefighters to put out the fire which has since destroyed Liam's balcony.
Kate Winslet has said that she won’t be boycotting the Oscars because she feels...
People magazine have declared Ryan Reynolds the Sexiest Dad Alive on this week’s cover...
Celebrating its seventh birthday, Parklife returns to its more natural home of Heaton Park...
The play’s script will be published in book form the day after it opens in London.
Mike and Dave are two brothers who can't help but compete with one another.