Liam Payne has reassured fans that he and the boys are not going anywhere following Zayn Malik's exit.
"Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy..." because Liam Payne says One Direction are here to stay. Speaking backstage at Capital's Summertime Ball with Vodafone at London's Wembley Stadium yesterday (June 6), Liam addressed rumours of the phenomenally successful boy band's imminent split, saying, "We don't know where that came from because we've got loads of stuff going on."
Right direction: Liam says the band aren't going anywhere
"We have just started the process for recording the new album, we've got a whole new tour going on, there are some really good songs so I don't think we are going anywhere for a while."
Continue reading: One Direction Aren't Splitting, Says Liam
One Direction, Harry Styles and Liam Payne - The opening night of the European leg of One Direction's 'On The Road Again' tour at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff at Millenium Stadium - Cardiff, United Kingdom - Friday 5th June 2015
Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and and Harry Styles of One Direction - Shots of the winners from the 2015 Billboard Music Awards in the press room after the ceremony which was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, California, United States - Sunday 17th May 2015
Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan and Harry Styles of One Direction - A variety of stars from the music industry were snapped as they arrived to the 2015 Billboard Music Awards which saw Taylor Swift clean up, winning 8 awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States - Sunday 17th May 2015
After Louis and Zayn’s twitter spat the band are looking to move on with an awards show appearance.
One Direction will be appearing at next weekend’s Billboard Music Awards, in their first public outing since Zayn Malik quit the band back in March. Billboard have confirmed that Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Niall Horan will all be in attendance at the ceremony, where they will be presenting a trophy.
One Direction, now without Zayn Malik.
The group will surely be hoping to put recent dramas behind them with the appearance as they step out for the first time as a fourpiece. Last month former member Zayn Malik made his first public appearance since leaving the band, at the Asian Awards in London.
All it took was one very 'naughty boy' to start a boyband Twitter fight of epic proportions.
Mayweather vs Pacquiao might have been billed as the fight of the century last weekend, but don’t underestimate the drama which can occur when a former boyband member, his producer and his ex-bandmate get into a twitter spat. Yes just over a month after One Direction went from five to four, it appears the gloves are well and truly off between former member Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson.
Zayn announced his departure from the boyband back in March.
It all started on Wednesday afternoon, when producer Naughty Boy, who’s been working with Zayn on solo material, tweeted an pic of the pair using an image filter along with the caption, ‘Replace this’.
One Direction have been writing songs for an upcoming fifth album, and Payne was describing them to Capital FM.
Barely a month after the departure of Zayn Malik, One Direction are clearly wasting no time in getting on with their career. Group member Liam Payne has suggested that the songs for their new album sound “great” and a bit like Oasis.
Payne was speaking to Capital FM on Tuesday morning and said “the album's coming together really well actually. The boys we've been writing with have come up with some great, great songs that are kind of like a bit Oasis-y almost, which is ace. I love that.”
Liam Payne was talking about the new 1D album to Capital FM on Tuesday
Continue reading: Liam Payne Claims New One Direction Songs Sound Like Oasis
The former One Directioner attended the event at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on Friday.
Zayn Malik has made his first public appearance since leaving One Direction, at the fifth Annual Asian Awards. The 22 year old debut a new shaved hairstyle at the event, where he was accompanied by his mother Trisha Malik.
Zayn was accompanied to the event by his mother, Trisha.
The 22-year-old was presented with the award for Outstanding Contribution to Music at the ceremony, which was held at London's Grosvenor House Hotel. Accepting the award Zayn referenced his time in the million selling pop group and thanked his former bandmates.
Zayn left the band last month and is said to be now pursuing a solo career.
We knew it would happen one day, but One Direction have officially picked up the pieces and moved on since saying goodbye to Zayn Malik last month. In news which might be upsetting to some, the group have just released their first official photo as a four piece, showing life will go on for the boyband after Zayn's departure.
The new One Direction, minus Zayn Malik
In the pic Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson stand against a plain background and appear to look a little apprehensive about their future. While some have described the image as a little on the depressing side, the band do seem to be getting on with things as normal and have even begun recording their fifth album.
The boys have given their first interview since the departure of Zayn Malik.
It’s been a tough couple of weeks for One Direction and the group’s legion of fans, but it seems the boys are beginning to come to terms with Zayn Malik's exit. Speaking for the first time since Zayn's departure, the band assured fans they would continue, despite going from a five piece to a four some in the past month.
Don't cry fans: One Direction will carry on without Zayn Malik.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper Liam Payne said, “We’re gutted that Zayn chose to leave but now after a few performances as a four piece, we’re feeling confident and are determined to carry on stronger than ever.”
Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and Niall Horan have shared their thoughts on Zayn Malik's departure on social media and thanked fans for their support during the past few "mad" days.
The remaining members of One Direction have shared their feelings on the departure of their former band mate, Zayn Malik. One Direction announced Malik was leaving One Direction on Wednesday (25th March). The announcement, posted on the band's Facebook page, explained how Malik wanted to move on from the band and live life as "a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight."
Zayn Malik has left One Direction.
Continue reading: One Direction React To Zayn Malik's Departure, Thank Fans For Support
One Direction are now a four-piece after Zayn Malik quit the group on Wednesday, a week after leaving their 'On The Road Again' tour with stress.
Zayn explained that reason he was leaving was to “have some private time out of the spotlight” and be a “normal 22 year old”. The Bradford-born star posted on the group’s official Facebook page on Wednesday that’s he’s parting ways with 1D after nearly five years. “My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined,” he said in the post.
A five-piece no more: Zayn Malik (2nd L) quits One Direction
Continue reading: Zayn Malik Quits One Direction, Breaks Millions Of Hearts
The 1D star is annoyed at the BBC show for continually criticising 'The X Factor'.
One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson is tired of ‘The Voice’ continually slagging off ‘The X Factor’. Ahead of the BBC’s flagship talent contest making its reappearance this Saturday (January 10th), the boyband member suggested that there wasn’t even a contest between the two programmes.
The 23 year old star aired his grievances on Twitter, where he vented: “Is bad mouthing The X Factor the only way The Voice knows how to promo their show? #everyyear.” Later, he said: "it's like Accrington Stanley trying to compete with Real Madrid.”
Louis Tomlinson is angry with 'The Voice' for continually slagging 'The X Factor' for promotion
Continue reading: Louis Tomlinson Slams 'The Voice' On Twitter