A simple chocolate covered peanut was almost the downfall of Liam Gallagher.
It would have been slightly ironic had a blue M&M nut killed off former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher. The Manchester-born singer, who's lived the rock n' roll lifestyle for over 20 years, admitted he thought his time was up after going into anaphylactic shock during a international tour last month. The singer has since been diagnosed with a nut allergy after suffering a reaction to his favourite sweets while performing abroad.
Speaking at the launch of The Red House restaurant in south-west London, Gallagher told The Sun: "I've done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think a f****** blue M&M would be the thing that could have killed me. I was in a hotel on holiday and got in about the mini bar..I was bored and hungry, so it's what you do, man. I've always liked M&Ms so I got into them. I had a blue one..My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat, man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away." Pretty scary stuff indeed.
Anyway, Liam now has to carry a syringe about with him in case of emergencies, "Proper Pete Doherty gear," he added. The singer was out drinking with brother-in-law Liam Howlett, Hurts' singer Theo Hutchcraft, The Libertines guitarist Carl Barat and rappers Rizzle Kicks. The whole gang ended up in The Box nightclub in Soho.
Liam Gallagher Performing With Beady Eye At The Brixton Academy