With more than 18 million tags since the New Year, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have already surpassed Rihanna's tag volume, the top-tagged artist of 2012
Shazam®, the world's leading media engagement company, today announced its predictions for the songs everyone will be listening and dancing to as well as singing out loud this summer.
The list includes newly released singles that the Shazam Tag Charts indicate will be the next big hits as well as songs that are currently moving up the national charts. The list is ranked based on the number of tags that the single is currently receiving, and other factors.
1) Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" is probably the most hyped track this season. The fact that it has received four million tags and has been No. 1 on the Shazam Charts in 91 countries shows that it's living up to expectations.
2) Like Gotye last year, Passenger's "Let Her Go" picked up traction in Australia at the start of the year before hitting No. 1 in 13 international Shazam charts. With 3.8 million tags already, expect it to go stratospheric when it breaks in America.
3) Since being used in the TV show, Girls, Icona Pop's "I Love It" has been a permanent fixture in the Shazam charts. Its daily interactions are still building, so don't expect this track to disappear anytime soon!
4) Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" seems to be on a steep upward trajectory. It has already garnered 4.2 million tags but hasn't yet reached its peak.
5) Will.i.am's previous singles "Scream and Shout" and "#thatPower" were huge with Shazam. His new track "Fall Down" with Miley Cyrus already seems to be going down well with Shazamers.
6) Krewella's euphoric single "Alive" has been a mainstay of the dance-focused Shazam Beatport chart. With tags climbing worldwide, this looks like it could be a contender for the summer club anthem.
7) From the soundtrack to The Great Gatsby, Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful" is already showing traction on the Shazam charts.
8) Janelle Monae's new album should be one of the summer's most popular. The first single with Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N" is already receiving a lot of tags.
9) Shazam regional tags show that Rich Gang's "Tapout" has been trending well in the Southern U.S.
10) Chance the Rapper's "Interlude" is the most Shazam'd song from one of the most critically acclaimed mixtapes of the summer.