Kiefer Sutherland and the fashion designer he allegedly assaulted have released a joint statement saying they have settled their differences.
Kiefer Sutherland and the fashion designer he allegedly assaulted have settled their differences.
The '24' actor - who was charged with assaulting Prozena Schouler designer Jack Mccollough in New York earlier this month - has apologised for the incident and "sincerely" regrets his actions .
In a joint statement made by the men, Kiefer said: "I am sorry about what happened that night and sincerely regret that Mr McCollough was injured."
It was alleged Kiefer, 42, and Jack began arguing at the SubMercer nightclub - where they were partying after a charity event at the Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art - when Jack knocked over actress Brooke Shields. Kiefer is said to have asked Jack to apologise, prompting the actor to push him.
Kiefer was accused of headbutting the designer in retaliation and breaking his nose.
Jack said in the joint document: "I appreciate Mr Sutherland's statement and wish him well."
It is not known if the charges of misdemeanour assault will now be dismissed and Kiefer is due to appear in court on June 22.
However, the award-winning actor has previously denied any wrongdoing and insisted the incident was not his fault.
A recent statement from his attorney Michael C. Miller said: "We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening (04.05.09). We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident.
"Out of respect for this law enforcement process, Kiefer will not be making any comment."