Acclaimed singer/songwriter Kathleen Edwards is recovering after suffering an anaphylactic shock following a concert in Ontario, Canada.
The star was stung by a bee backstage shortly after performing at the Shores Of Erie International Wine Festival in Windsor - and she suffered a strange body-shattering reaction.
In a tweet shortly after her medical emergency, Edwards wrote, "Anaphylactic shock is not fun, but not as bad if it happens right After you play the show."
The singer then took to her Facebook.com page on Monday (10Sep12) to add details about her severe allergic reaction, revealing she was "stuck several times by a yellow jacket," and adding, "An epi-pen saved my life... Bees and wasps are no longer welcome at my shows. Thanks, paramedics."
She also posted a photo of her swollen arm, where the angry bee attacked.